Almost spent Thanksgiving with the FBI!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PepperGirl52, Nov 24, 2005.

1. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

This is NOT a joke! For some, unknown to me, reason, there are POWERS THAT BE in our neck of the woods.

Well, my SIL is in the Air Force, and works for some of the head people on base. He was talking to the FBI director and a few secret service guys who are here right now, found out they will be spending Thanksgiving in a hotel. Being the nice guy he is, decided that just wouldn't do!!

Soooo, he invited all 35 of them to have Thanksgiving dinner with US!!! LOL! Seriously!!

My daughter called and said, 'how quickly can you thaw out that other turkey???'!!

We waited for a few hours while the guys tried to get an "OK" from D.C. but the final word was 'no', so they are, sadly, spending the day in a hotel.

Now I really understand the sacrifices of some of our government workers! Of course they get paid very well, but to be away from your family on a day like this-that's just sad!!!

Anyway, it would have made for a very fun story to tell for a long time, huh????? :-0 PG
  2. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

the secret service for dinner, thats a story for the grand kids :)
  3. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Interesting - yes, but not funny!!

abbylee
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...to me, they can't pay those folks whose business it is to protect us enough money.

I'm sure you're breathing a sigh of relief, peppergirl, but it certainly would've been a interesting Thanksgiving holiday, huh? Nice of you to have been willing to host them if needed!

Happy Turkey Day,
    Pam