Almost sudden all over pain - FMS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Musica, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Musica

Musica New Member

I was in dress shoes today, but with only about 1/2" heels. I was in a store for almost an hour when my low back and below started bothering me, like I was just standing for too long. Shortly after, all of a sudden, my WHOLE BODY was hurting and I couldn't wait to get out of there! In fact, while I was waiting in line for the cashier, I squatted down so I wouldn't be standing, but I was still hurting all over and tired.

Is this typical of FMS? The "all over" isn't typical of rheumatoid arthritis, which I also have.
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

with CFS. I have fibro too but put the throbbing localised pain down to that. CFS pain is all over, very debilitating and exhausting. They both come under same umbrella, similar symptoms.

[This Message was Edited on 11/08/2005]
  3. Musica

Musica New Member

After being home for awhile, I realized that the TP areas - soft front part of my shoulder, elbows, hips - are achiest. I didn't try pressing on them because I am certain they would be very sensitive. It sounds like a small thing, but it hasn't happened to me like this before. I have yet to be diagnosed but am suspecting that isn't far off now.

Whatever it is, I had to rest this afternoon, which I didn't want to do because I am going back to work Thursday from surgery and wanted to increase my stamina. I was feeling so good about going back to work until this afternoon. Now, I just hope to make it through two days this week without letting my jerky boss see that I may not feel 100% - his wife said he didn't want me coming back and looking like I don't feel well. Of course, he meant from surgery, but I'm assuming I need to look 100% healthy. Period.
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I so know what you mean.You are just minding your own buisness and then wham this evil thing knocks you to your knees and you are thinking what have I done to make this happen.I stopped trying to figurre it out.I never know for sure when it will hit but I have been in your shoes.It is awful.

[ advertisement ]