Almost sudden all over pain - FMS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Musica, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Musica

Musica New Member

I was in dress shoes today, but with only about 1/2" heels. I was in a store for almost an hour when my low back and below started bothering me, like I was just standing for too long. Shortly after, all of a sudden, my WHOLE BODY was hurting and I couldn't wait to get out of there! In fact, while I was waiting in line for the cashier, I squatted down so I wouldn't be standing, but I was still hurting all over and tired.

Is this typical of FMS? The "all over" isn't typical of rheumatoid arthritis, which I also have.
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

with CFS. I have fibro too but put the throbbing localised pain down to that. CFS pain is all over, very debilitating and exhausting. They both come under same umbrella, similar symptoms.

love
    Rosie

[This Message was Edited on 11/08/2005]
  3. Musica

Musica New Member

After being home for awhile, I realized that the TP areas - soft front part of my shoulder, elbows, hips - are achiest. I didn't try pressing on them because I am certain they would be very sensitive. It sounds like a small thing, but it hasn't happened to me like this before. I have yet to be diagnosed but am suspecting that isn't far off now.

Whatever it is, I had to rest this afternoon, which I didn't want to do because I am going back to work Thursday from surgery and wanted to increase my stamina. I was feeling so good about going back to work until this afternoon. Now, I just hope to make it through two days this week without letting my jerky boss see that I may not feel 100% - his wife said he didn't want me coming back and looking like I don't feel well. Of course, he meant from surgery, but I'm assuming I need to look 100% healthy. Period.
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I so know what you mean.You are just minding your own buisness and then wham this evil thing knocks you to your knees and you are thinking what have I done to make this happen.I stopped trying to figurre it out.I never know for sure when it will hit but I have been in your shoes.It is awful.

Sheila