Almost toppled over in shower

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Apr 12, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Well it was bound to happen. I knew it was coming sooner or later. This morning I almost toppled over in the shower to land somewhere on the floor and shower curtain. Luckily it did not happen, but this is why I can not stand taking a shower. I have tried baths, but I can not seem to get enough hot/warm water in the tub. Not enough of it anyway.

Now I know why I put off this grooming chore. If SSA ever trys to re-evaluate me they will hear about this.

nyrofan
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Nyro, get a chair before you hurt yourself! You are not alone in not being able to stand to have a shower.

Kathy.
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Kathy:

I never thought of a chair. My firt thought were handrails.
    I like the idea of a chair. Thank you.

nyrofan
  4. Katee32

Katee32 New Member

Getting a chair is a good idea.

Do you have someone to help you? On my bad days since the water in the tub isn't hot enough for me either, my husband will heat up water on the stove and depending on how much you add and how hot it is when you add it you can get the bath temp. as hot as you want/need.
  5. darude

darude New Member

I only have baths now as I can no longer stand in the shower. I too toppled over on several occasions so that was the end of that.
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

It sure is good I am not the only one. It really seems like a 'step down' for me healthwise to use a chair, but it seems like now is the time. This morning gave me quite a scare because it has almost happened before, but this time there was a good chance I was going to fall.

nyrofan
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

You will especially appreciate it on your most miserable days.I did When I start perspiring because of the pain,it's nice to get clean.Linda
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Katee:
    No. I have nobody to help me. I live alone.

LovetheSun:
    The one with the back sounds good.

Thanks for the 'free advice'. The things that we help each other with that the doctors do not do!!!!

n.f.