Aloe vera juice & Barley grass?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Miles, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Miles

Miles New Member

I have heard Aloe vera juice is good for constipation, also Barley grass is suppose to help the whole body. Does anyone take these or know anything about them?

Thank you Deb
  2. suzbee

suzbee New Member

Hi, Deb,

I used Barleygreen for a couple of years and found it helpful for regulating energy ups and downs. It does get expensive, though.

Never have tried Aloe vera juice internally. I read (somewhere) that it may be too strong for people with FM/CFS and can cause painful griping in the intestines. Just what we don't need! I have suffered with constipation all my life, and the best, gentlest thing I have found is a stool softener called Colace. It's not a laxative/purgative, it's a salt that attracts water to the intestines. You can buy it over the counter -- a generic is much cheaper.

Hope this helps.
    suz
  3. carole128

carole128 New Member

Hi Deb
    I have been sprinking barley grass on my cereal each morning I find it helps to flush out my system. I also add a spoonful of flaxseed oil.
    Years ago I used aloe vera juice when I was fit and healthy. At the time I thought it was great and my running improving. However after a short while I began to pull a leg muscle after a short distance and had to walk the run.
    This muscle pulling lasted for months. I thought it might be due to the wonderful aloe vera juice which was also expensive and gave up using it.
    Having fms I will try most legal alternative products if it makes me feel better.
    Carole
  4. Majesta

Majesta New Member

Hi Miles

I DON'T know about aloe juice ,but i have a good remedy for contipation.

; Grind 2 tablespoons of flax seed(i like the golden one) put in a half glass of warm water not hot stir , and drink another glass after at night.

It realy works.

good luck
  5. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Hi Deb,
    Psyllium Hulls work best for me. Get it at Wal-Mart called Konsyl. 1-2 tsp in juice before bed. It keeps me regular and it is good for FM. Drink it fast when you mix it because it gets too thick, if you don't. I use Apple juice and that also helps.The Barley grass or green drink is very good too. I take both.Aloe Vera taste awful. I didn't like it much and it didn't help me either.
    Hugs Shirley

[ advertisement ]