Aloe vera Juice for constipation??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Nov 24, 2009.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi, anyone here use aloe vera juice for constipation? I saw on the Dr.Oz show recently he gave a women who had chronic constpation problems a couple tablespoons in some orange juice and told he thought that would straighten her out. She was only having a BM twice a week I think. My constipation is caused from the morphine so dont know if it would help or not. Just thought I check here to see if anyone else uses it and to what success. God Bless Each of you!
  2. gongee

gongee New Member

I have been using Aloe Vera Juice for a good while and it is fantastic. The brand I use comes in a favor of Strawberry/Kiwi and it is great tasting. Give it a try.

Take care,

3. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Thanks for answering my post. Do you take it daily as a preventative for constipation or just occasionally. I have just a horrible time with taking all these darn narcotics and the constant battle of constipation and I dont just mean a little constipated. I am torn between having some pain relief and a little bit of a life or stop the morphine and be in constant pain. I held my longacting morphine last night but am afraid to hold it again tonight (withdrawals) . oh what a mess im in. Also do you have constpation problems from naarcotics? Thanks for your help. What brand comes in the strawberry/Kiwi? God Bless Becky
    [This Message was Edited on 11/25/2009]
  4. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Thanks for your help in this matter, where do you purchase Aloelax? This is something I have struggled with for most of my life but after getting fibro and being placed on morphine it is just plain horrible. Im soo tired of it. Looks like someone would come up with something for good pain relief and still allow a person to have a BM . Sometimes I will go up to 6 days without one(sorry so graphic) but I feel its time to maybe get off the morphime altogether. I just dont know how im going to live with the pain. I feel like im going in circles concerning this as I will try something and it will work good for awhile and then just completely stop , like my bowels just shut down. God Bless you and thanks for your help!
  5. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Here's what works for me: (all from health food store)......Aloe Ver Juice.....Prune juice (the best); dates; pear juice. I do the first two daily. If I haven't done enough, I'll occasionally use the stool softner suppositories. Aloelax upsets my gastritis stomach.

Gotta be really consistent with this; I know cause I've had just 2 days go, and it was pure agony to get myself going again.

And I eat a ton of fruit/veggies w/less protein.

Good luck............oops, gotta go!!!
  6. caroleye

caroleye New Member

This is a food that is incredibly helpful. Comes from the Chinese restaurant and is called "Mushu vegetables". Eating some right now; lots of cabbage in it. It's a must on my limited diet.

And the worst for me is "wheat". It swells everything up. Had a test done recently & found out I was gluten intolerant, which puts you on a restricted diet, but also helps w/constipation for me.

[This Message was Edited on 11/27/2009]