Aloe vera juice?? who uses this,.. for what?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Aug 3, 2008.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi guys
    I believe I recall someone here taking aloe juice for bladder issues. in particular IC ???
    and it helped alot.

Just starting to look into this juice and wondered if anyone can share what it has done for you,..and how much you take, for what, & which brand?
    (I'm sure it has more uses than one)
    will do more research as this thread moves.
    But just thought I'd ask here too.
    Thanks for any info~
  2. gongee

gongee New Member

I take Aloe Vera Juice 1 oz in morning and 1 oz at night. I use it for digestion problems and it works very well.

I use an Isotonix Brand and it actually tastes good.
    Some I have tried are awful, but this Strawberry/Kiwi is great.

I haven't read anything about helping bladder problems, but then again I wasn't looking for that. All I know, is it helps a lot of stuff.

Good Luck!

3. cct

cct Member

I drink aloe juice almost every morning. I have it before I ingest anything else.

It has been helpful in healing my leaky gut syndrome, it helps my digestion, and it assists in the absorbtion of supplements.

George's is the brand that I prefer because it does not have may additives and it tastes almost like water. On the days that I drink aloe juice, I will happily drink down 1 to 4 ounces.
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

so if it helps the digestive tract, should help my IBS? and possible overactive/painful bladder?
    I like killing 2 birds with one stone~

I'll research more before I purchase but it looks like a good product for overall health.
    Just hope it tastes ok.
    thanks again,
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

Ok,.. it was you!!
    now that I see your name its coming all back to me :)

I'm gonna try this juice.
    I was never officially DX with IC either. But I'm having ALL the symptoms repeatedly. I'm about 99% sure I have it. and when it acts up,... its horrific.
    my whole lower tummy kills me in agonizing pain. I'm peeing small amounts every 20 minutes. low back pain,.. etc.
    Its worth a shot. I have digestive trouble too so maybe I'll get REAL lucky~

acually I'm going in for a colonoscopy next week and my gastro mentioned UC, or diverticultis. that could explain some of my stomach issues.
    (already have IBS) so we'll see what that shows. I have way too many problems going on at once.
    just trying to put the puzzle pieces together.
    Thanks for helping me Rainbow~
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

I have a dx'd duodenal ulcer not due to h. pylori that kicks up when I have more than 1 glass/wine per month etc.

aloe really helps altho I also use prilosec when necessary, and I am thinking about just using it everyday for about 2-3 months while feeling better anyway to see what happens, instead of using it when needed. I get the 'juice' here, not the gel (a bit gloppy to try to drink anyway) but is 100% aloe; I'm going to try to drink about 16-24 oz per day.

Its worth a try, has very soothing effects on the GI system, can't see why it wouldn't also help the bladder.

Do you also get bladder infections? The thing that helped me with that was d-mannose, the part of the cranberry that really helps mainly; you can buy it in powdered form and drink it in water, just tastes like watered down cranberry juice; not sure if that would be of any help with IC tho.

all the best,
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

you've been helpful~

I am gonna give it a try.
    I saw a jug at walmart for only $8, was strawberry/kiwi flavored. ?? did'nt sound to bad.
    and that seemed cheap. I was kinda leary about it being that cheap so I did'nt get it.

also,... I have heard of dmannose. (sp?) it is used for urinary problems but again,..I'm not sure about its use for IC.
    will look further into that too. Thanks!