Aloe Vera Question (Jeanne-in-Canada.....or anyone)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Scapper, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I have a long history of stomach problems. I've been in a bad flare with my stomach for a few months now....it's wearing on me.

My question is how much aloe vera juice per day does one need to drink to heal the gut?

Anyone know quanity?

Thanks......scapper
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2006]
  2. gongee

gongee New Member

I take 100% Aloe Vera juice (the Isonotix brand) I don't think it matters what the brand is as long as it is pure aloe, I just like the taste of this one)

I was instructed to drink 2 ounces twice a day (if tolerated)for the first week and build up to 3 ounces twice a day for the next week (if tolerated). After that period, I could either stay at that dosage or back down to a maintenance dose that fit my body.

I never was able to build up to either of those doses because of my stomach being as bad as it was, but have taken 1 ounce 2-3 times a day for over the past two months. I have now gone from taking 2 Pronotix a day to 0.

Even if I burn my tongue or have a mouth ulcer, if I just take a sip and swish it around in my mouth and swallow, it helps every time.

Also, if I have any heartburn in between doses, I just take a sip and it is gone within a couple of minutes.

I was very skeptical when buying this, but it has made a believer out of me.

Good Luck!!

Sheila
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2006]
  3. gongee

gongee New Member

I didn't know.
  4. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Thank you so much for responding.

I've been drinking the aloe on and off for a long time now but I've never known how much or how often. I have a hard time sticking with it consistently.....I think because I don't get results.

Just hearing your success with it, gives me the push to stick to it.....I could use some relief!

THANKS....SCAPPER :)

5. Scapper

Scapper New Member

bumping for any further experiences w/ this???
  6. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

found aloe juice to be a godsend for her diverticulosis , which was severe . It made a huge difference .

I drink about a third cup daily in juice as a laxative and it keeps the bowels regular .

7. Scapper

Scapper New Member

thanks ann :)
  8. seano

seano New Member

Try Digestinol, Mps gold or Amp plus those brands have the pure aloe vera extract unlike the juices the healing agent In aloe vera Is destroyed after 15 minutes when the leaf Is cut so the liquid brands are useless what the powdered brands do Is they convert the the amp molacule In the aloe vera gel into a powder so your getting the healing agent In Its pure form and now It has a shelf life but expect to pay over a hundred dollers a bottle and powder can only be purchased online the liquids you can buy at your local vitamin shoppe are a waste of money. I used to have bad gastritus and those brands I mentioned above cleared It up.
  9. Scapper

Scapper New Member

thanks for your reply/information.

so the powder is that expensive as well?