alone with this illness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ExMechanic, Mar 8, 2006.

1. ExMechanic

ExMechanic New Member

Today I tried chat again, no one reponded to my comments, or let me into a conversation. I guess there is no place for a 27 year old man with fibro in this community. I give up, I am gonna lose my familly, most of my friends, my home, and belongings to this. It sure would be nice to fit in somewhere.
  2. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I haven't seen any of your posts and I never feel up to chatting so I don't go and you have to think most of us have a one track mind and have trouble talking to more than on eperson at a time that's why I only use the message board.

I think you could offer alot of insight about if you have any different symptoms and what diseases you have or if you only have fibro.

My name is Pamela and I am 39yrs old but on the 11th I will be 40yrs old (i feel at least 60).

I have fibro, think I may have cfs, I have diabetic neuropathy, diabetes, ra, oa, degenrative disc disease, herniated and buiding disc, severe depression, & tachycardia I guess that is all.

As of now I am fighting to get Disability either SSI or SSD, I really don't care just need one of them.

My doctor may have helped me alot in this case b/c he put that I couldn't work now or in the future, and that I couldn't stand for over 30-45 min, or that I couldn't sit for loner than 1 or 1 1/2 hrs.

So I hope all that will help me but if you will talk to me on the message board I would be happy to talk to you.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} Pamela
  3. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

HI,
    Sorry you feel that way, i've never tried the chat room myself. People are pretty responsive here on the message board. Don't give up!!
    I come on here to learn what i can do for myself. I decided to pick just one thing to start with, that was Stormyskyes shake, and i think it's really helped my depression, my brain has felt so much clearer.
  4. surfnut

surfnut New Member

Sorry to hear you`re feeling that way. You`re not alone. There are a lot of us guys out here too. I don`t often use the chatroom either. Post your messages here, and you`ll soon find friends. Hope to speak soon. Surfnut
    [This Message was Edited on 03/08/2006]
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

exmechanic:
    Have no worry about fitting in or getting into a conversation. When I first joined here I lurked, but then I put myself in motion and started to post and most importantly: answer all the posts that I could. It is a good way to meet people, cyber-wise. Push your way in and you might find that answering posts is as good as anything.
    I know I feel less isolated. Give it a try darlin'.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The first time I logged on, everyone else left. Geez, talk about your ego deflator! I pefer the pace here. I can't keep up with live chat.

Stick around here. It's a good group.

Love, Mikie
  7. Bambi

Bambi New Member

Talk City and was there daily and sometimes nightly for a couple of years until the whole group moved on.
    They were a really polite group and any time anyone would enter the room everyone would stop to greet them. It should be that way. It makes newcomers feel better and involves each person as they enter. Noone left feeling ignored. It's too bad you had a bad experience.
  8. lilchisler

lilchisler New Member

Hi there,
    I just recently started posting here again. I was a member a few years ago when I really needed to find "anyone" that had this illness.

This just must be the week for this kind of feeling. I have had a lot of other family illness and tragedy the last year, especially the past few months.
    I lost my 19 year old nephew in a 4 wheeler accident. He was a professional racer and up to that point, had never even been injured, then on a freak trial run, lost his life.
    ...sadness and loss just too much for words.

The situation sent me into the worst flare and depression that I have ever known, then 2 weeks ago, my husband starting having some major blood pressure and heart problems...been going through tests and such...

Anyway, I, too, have never felt so lost and alone.
    I had not seen any of your posts or I surely would have responded. I don't do the chat room. I don't think I am known well enough and I am not sure I could keep up with the pace, but I have received a lot of great information and help through the years on this board.

I would ask you to stay and keep posting, if for no other reason, to give us other "newbies" the chance to get to know one another better.

I have had good stretches and bad with this illness, but the greatest help to me, at first, was to no that "I was not alone in this illness".

I, sincerely and personally, do not want anyone to feel like they have no where to turn. That feeling of desperation only adds more hurt and pain to our already taxed health.

I use the name "lilchisler" but it should be "up all night" because I usually am. I post later in the evening, so if you post in the day, I will certainly look for your posts and try to help you feel welcome and not alone in this sickness.

I even have a little in common. I have 4 brothers, all of who have worked on everything with a motor...one brother who is a mechanic and my husband is a specialy machinist for high performance engines in late model cars.

Please keep posting. I don't want to be one of the few new ones left.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!
    "lilchisler"....(I am a woodcarver, using hand chisels for my craft, when my hands let me"
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i chatted with you last night and infact...i just tried to get in the chat room to see if you were there...i had a great time talking about the things that we were...it was actually a really fun bunch of people at the time....i don't want to say what we were talking about but i remember it was a lady's b-day and i said ex-mechanic were ou ever a chippendale's dancer ...and you said you can't dance..

anyways please do get on the message board we are a good group of people...i maybe 41 yrs...but i have a great sense of humor and you seemed like someone that could be alot of fun...

i don't know what the problem was for me but my son, who is 16 is running stuff on the computer and maybe that is why i could not get into the chat room....

but my ex-mechanic who once lived in the U.P>. of michigan and moved to another state that i remember the name. but i won't say where...you are more than welcomed to logg on here just make sure you read the board rules...aboaut the no cussing stuff...but a lot of us will at times want to talk even more about more personall things and we will set up time to go meet there....

and also i noticed the people i see on the chat really don't post very often on this side.....

i do like this side because it is a little slower... and i can say what a i need to ...then check it a few mnutes later and read the replies...

so we are here let rip her

jodie

ps i should b going nite nite but i wil go to the otherside to see if yuo want to chat,,,my name is jodieplace

jodie
  10. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I am sorry that no one in the chat room made you feel welcome. ((( )))

I treasure the male members of our community especially. Please don't feel uncared for. Chat room users change constantly, and I too have been left out at times, although I am female.

Several of my chat room buddies here are male. There's solus, larryh, stigg, derrhunter... Try the chat room again at a different time of day.

Also, if the chatters are into something especially intense or personal, they may not stop to let anyone in. It happens.

Please try again.
    (( )) Shannon
  11. jakeg

jakeg New Member

You are not alone on this board or community. The chat room sometimes is like that. I've been there a few times and it can be rough to get into a convo that is already in progress. I noticed that 1 way of getting a convo going with someone in the chat room is to ask a ? like where is everyone from?

From that point you may find someone that is also looking for someone to talk to also.

Don't feel like you are alone I can assure you that you are not the only male in this community.

Take care

Jake
  12. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

W/ a title like "Are there any men here?"

Well, there weren't too many of us.

I visit another board that has a chat scheduled every day for a two hour period. I only went a few times because 90% of the chat is:

So and so has entered the room.
    7 people say hi to So and so
    6 people say LOL
    A and B are having a conversation
    C and D " " " "
    Somebody answers a question that was asked two minutes earlier.
    5 more people say LOL
    6 people leave the room
    4 people say goodbye
    Etc.

I have been to the chatroom on this board several times, but there have never been anyone else there.

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. I was 40 when i got the DD. Really sad that young people get hit. If you want to talk to me (or anyone specific) you can post a message to meet in the chatroom at a certain time.

Good luck.

PS: Where the heck is Cambridge, MN? Must be another village like the one I grew up in: Harmony, MN.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/09/2006]
  13. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I don't like chat rooms cause sometimes they go so fast and it is hard to jump in.

Just come here and post.I'll be looking out for ya.

I see you are a grease monkey.All of the guys in my family are grease monkeys.Some just on the side.

That is VERY hard work.Takes a pretty smart guy to do that stuff.

My father in law did quiet a bit of it til he hurt his back.

Now he is a computer nerd.

Which is great.The complication of engine work and body work just changed directions and he put that creativty and busy mind into computers and photography.

He loves to take pictures and edit them for people.

I bet you could do something like that when you feel good.

Well you can jump in here anytime and talk.

"Boys Allowed".LOL!

Sheila
    [This Message was Edited on 03/11/2006]
  14. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I am sorry about the chat thing. I haven't ever been in there. I can tell you that you are not alone. We all suffer way too much without losing everything. I pray to God that you don't lose your family and home. I have lost many friends to this dd but they were self absorbed anyway. On this forum you'll find all different kinds of people trying to fit in somewhere. Please don't let your experience with the chat room turn you away. On this board you'll find many people that are very supportive and also need support at times.
    Sincerely,
    Angela
  15. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Please reply and let us know you are still here. I don't dare the chatroom either, I am lousy at it, and I type like a crow with a leg cramp!
  16. kch64

kch64 New Member

Hey EX M,

I tried the chat room but found this board to be much more pleasant. The chat room didn't really give you any help
    and was hard to get involved with.

Give this a chance for awhile. We'll talk with you and help you as much as possible. You do fit in here.

Kendra
  17. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

You fit in right here. I don't know anything about the chat room, never go. People here care, and understand.

We come here for friendship, support, lots of great ideas and info, laughs, and even tears.

Welcome!
    Hopeful4