Alot Here have Recurrent Infections but why doesn't your WBC Rise

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by futurehope, Mar 15, 2006.

1. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Hi,

I am trying a new angle on my previous post, since I only had one person respond.

I have read over and over again that most people here have a low WBC count.

If you have recurrent infections, how come your WBC does not rise over the limits (10,000-11,000).

The reason I am asking is because I keep having recurrent infections (of different kinds) that raise my WBC above the normal level. Highest was in the 19 thousands. This has been going on for 5 months and I have had 5 rounds of antibiotics.

Please keep in mind that I do not have Cancer per my PET Scan and Bone Marrow Biopsy and visit to oncologist. (The PET scan is what revealed my latest infection)

This time, I have a lymph node underneath my neck that has an infection it it.

Can anyone help?? You can also read my other post if you would like more info. on these infections and elevated WBC's.

Thanks in advance,
    Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  2. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I get CBC and urine tests done because I have so many different things going on and the Doc. wants to keep up on them, I guess.

I think that it is important to have a CBC every once in a while. If you have chronic infections, I would definately have it checked.

I am just as curious as you are about this situation of chronic infections and would be curious to know what your CBC reveals (if anything).

I am not trying to be nosy, but what kind of infections do you have?

Are they always the same, like sinus or bladder. Or do you get different types of infections in your body.

Also, does the Doc put you on antibiotics alot?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  3. futurehope

futurehope New Member

The article was interesting, but very hard to understand.

Is there any way that it can be explained in a different term. I am not sure what T1, T2 is.

How are these checked to see if there is a problem here?

I feel really stupid right now, it seems as if most people on this board understand so much more than I do.

I have only been a member on this board for a few months and I really do not know if I belong here.

I did have someone diagnose me with CFS finally. But I think there is something else going on here. This is very scary for me, but it is helpful knowing I do not have cancer.

Thanks for your help!!

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  4. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I believe that knowledge is VERY GOOD. But with my Panic Disorder it is very hard because I Panic very easily.

But I think I am just about ready to give up. Everyones WBC's are low here, mine are high, some way high.

I see your name around the board a lot. You are a good person in trying to help people!!

I want to thank you for responding to me. I have trouble getting responses sometimes.

Pleae let me know if you get a CBC done.

Also, do you have to take Antibiotics a lot.

I will be back on the board a little later today.

Love and prayers,
    Brenda