Already Home and up after Septoplasty

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Meghanne, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Meghanne

Meghanne New Member

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. The surgery was at 6:00 ish central AM. I was home by 11:00 am. Not a lick of pain yet. But that's could be the IV Dilaudid and the local anaesthetic. (I'm not sure how long local usually lasts. Adrian is picking up my Dilaudid tabs and Zofran. So hopefully they can have them filled soon so the IV doesn't wear off first.

Top notch care from the hospital. The were open to my request for something as strong as Dilaudid, because of the Fibro and so many surgeries. I was treated with kindess and respect the whole time.

One side effect I'm having (if you can call it that) is intense dreams in which I'm having problems falling asleep, that the insomnia is back and worse than ever. I wake up and feel like I just lived it. I've dealt with severe chronic insmonia (days at a time without a minute of sleep) for three years, so I'm imagining is more of a psychological issue than anything.

Anyone else experienced this?

And I also get intense muscle pain in my neck and trapezius muscles after taking the Xyrem. Not sure why. I'm due to call them today anyway because of the surgery.

Trish
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Trish:
    I am glad the procedure went well. Although I do not know the answers to the rest of what you wrote, I just wanted to wish you well in recovery.

N.F.
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

More wishes for a speedy recovery without any asweres to your questions.
  4. Meghanne

Meghanne New Member

The IV and local wore off, and the pain started, but I had my scripts filled by then. Just checking in to say hi, then back to the sofa with my greyhound.

Hugs to all,
    Trish
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

But don't overdo it. Take it slowly.

Love Anne C
  6. Meghanne

Meghanne New Member

I can't manage to sit at the 'puter more than 10 minutes. HAHA!

Trish