Already on SSDI, but up for review, did benefits continue?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Jul 29, 2008.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I have already posted a thread about this to some degree, but am reposting to see if I can get any better response on this. Wondering how many of you have already been on SSDI and then had it come time for your review to see if your benefits should continue?

GBHope
  2. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

Hi,

Sorry I don't have info for you...but how long were you on SSDI before you were up for review? Just curious.

Good luck.

~Cookie~
  3. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I had been on it since Dec 06. Now they are doing me every 3 years. Perhaps they thought there had been enough improvement to warrant a sooner re-eval. Now I'm due again in Nov 08. Hope this helps.

GBHope
  4. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

Thanks for replying so quickly. I was approved for SSDI at the end of 2004 (got my first check in 2005). I have not come up for review as of yet. My contact at my social security office said it would probably be at least 5 years for any kind of review. I'm in Illinois - not sure if it differs by state?

Let us know how it goes.

~Cookie~
  5. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Coming under the $940 a month that you can make. I have to work or we cannot make it financially. Thank goodness, I have been able to so far. Been working off an on pretty consistently since Sept 2001. I had to take a 1-1/2 off for hysterectomy and complication thereof.

GBHope