Alright, I ain't liken this at all

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeanderek, Mar 20, 2003.

1. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Bless all your hearts that have gone through this herxing stuff, it aint pretty. I thought that I was going to be lucky and not have all the flu like symptoms that you all told me about, guess I was in denial

I have coughed my head off all day, ribs are aching and I cant even stand to touch them, even my butt cheeks hurt lol I feel weak as heck, my back hurts, arms hurt, legs hurt, head hurts, even my pinky toe is sad. I have a hacky cough that isnt very productive at all just a tickly in my throat all the time. I am going to keep up with taking the supplements as I know that this is temporary but geeeezzzz boy does it suck!

Hugs all,
    Jeanna
  2. seaview

seaview New Member

sorry to hear of your intense pain.....I understand about denial..too bad we can't use it to our benefit and ignore the pain! What are you using that is causing the Herx? I am trying to compile a list for my upcoming dr. appt. So, I am very curious about everything everyone here is using.....A prayer has been sent up for you dear one.....may the outcome be worth all the pain! Blessings to you.....kathleen
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Be very sure to drink water, at the least half your body weight in ounces of water per day! It will help to get all the buggers out quicker!

I use Essiac for a cleanser, it cleanses the liver and the blood, sometimes it makes me sick too, but not as sick as you are!

Take care, and hope its over soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Thanks you for your kind words and prayers. I am only taking the garlic supplement and I am taking the calcium, magnesium and zinc as well but the garlic is what is causing the herx effect. This is my fourth day on it and for garlic alone to cause this I must be loaded down with yuckies in my system. I hope the outcome is worth it too. I am going to stick with this cause I know now that my system must have really needed a cleaning. This is almost worse than that flu lol. I am going to try the probiotic acidophilus next time and see how I do on that, I went to k-mart yesterday and found that there are very cheap only around 6 bucks, found a really good deal on the garlic too at bilo it was half price so for 100 it was like 5 bucks so to get rid of all the yucky stuff it doesn't take alot of money which I don't have right now because I have been outta work for over a year now. Good luck on finding what works for you and thanks again for the kind words.

God Bless,
    jeanna
  5. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Wow, you must be riddled with the critters to be herxing on garlic, sheer self inflicted torture - with results.
    Glad something is working for you though, good luck.

You could try lowering the dose so you don`t feel so bad, it`ll still be doing the job....

The cheap Pro Biotics and Vitamins at Kmart - may be absolutely useless.
    Here in England I know for a fact that a Health Store here is selling cheap (useless) Pro Biotics.
    I recommend anyone to pay a bit more for good quality recommended brands, you will know it is what it claims to be and do.

You wont go wrong with what Pro Health recommend.

I am thinking of you and look forward to hearing better news in a week or two.
    Don`t forget to try and drink at least two litres of water a day, thought i`d drown myself when someone told me that!!!

Love Pat.

[This Message was Edited on 03/21/2003]
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Probiotics is not where you want to skimp. Buy the best you can find. Cheap ones with only acidophilus will not replace the bacteria you need in your gut. The Jarro-Dophilus sold here contains several strains and FOS which ensures that it gets into the gut instead of being destroyed in the stomach. It should be refrigerated after opening.

The gut is considered by many to be the most important organ in the body. It needs to be colonized with friendly bacteria in order to remain healthy and help the rest of the body.

Love, Mikie
  7. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Wow I didn't know that, I thought it was all the same stuff. Thanks for letting me know cause I was planning on getting them today. I am on limited income since I been outta work so do any of you know a good brand that maybe i could get at GNC or something? I am feeling alittle bit better today, still coughing though and they are roofing the apartments and I wasn't able to sleep much (didn't get to bed till 6am and they started at 9am) So that doesn't help either, I was finally sleeping good to :( Anyhow thanks again for the info, I am really new to the supplement thing and still learning, so please if you know if brands that I can buy at GNC or Vitamin world or somewhere close let me know. Thanks so much, Jeanna
  8. Shaylee

Shaylee New Member

I am so sorry you have been so sick. You know it is touching my heart so.

I have had pain in my butt cheeks and it hurts. Jeanna I drink water all the time now, take my supplements, and meds.

I do not eat sugar anymore and stay away from the white flour, etc...

I make sure I exercise every day and this does help even though it is so painful. At least I can place my feet on the floor now.

Anything I can do to help let me know.

Love ya,

Shaylee
  9. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Managed to go to GNC today and Got some vitamin B12 in liquid form. ITS AWESOME. You mix it in water its cherry flavored and about 2 hours after I took It I had alot more energy, still was hurting and coughing but at least had the energy to do some running and paying bills and went out to dinner with hubby which is rare. I am feeling alittle better, ribs mainly sore from coughing I think. I might have to go to the doctor I might not be herxing and might actually have the flu. I sure hope not. I am going to wait and see a day or so and If its not better I will go :( I spend so much time as doctors as it is I hate to have to go anymore than I have to. Well thanks for all your posts you all have really helped me alot with this supplement stuff. I hope all of you feel better and have a wonderful night. Thanks Shaylee, all I need is prayer!
    Hugs all,
    Jeanna

[ advertisement ]