Alternate Career, at Home or Part Time

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by ljf, Jan 18, 2004.

1. ljf

ljf New Member

I have been working full time as a chemist the past 25 years. I came down with chronic fatigue, (now it's often severe) about 10 years ago. I was out on disability twice, but could not get long term disability. It is hard for me at work- I'm already working reduced hours (6 to 7 hours), but I need to "disappear" for about an hour several times a week to rest at work during the day. I feel guilty about this, and cannot keep "dragging" myself to work on the bad days.

My question is this: DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ABOUT WORK-AT-HOME JOBS OR PART TIME WORK (such as real estate)WHERE I CAN MAKE MY OWN SCHEDULE? DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A PROFESSIONAL ADVISOR IN THIS AREA?

THANK YOU!!!
  2. bewitched

bewitched New Member

hi this is bewitched, i have found working from home to be the best way for me to take care of myself. i was just diagnosed in dec. with fm/cfs so this has worked out great. i do not have suggestions about what you should do. maybe do research on the internet or your local paper for ideas. i do however go out once a week to do group therapy as i am a therapist and healer.

i love not have to answer to anyone but me and when i do not feel well i do not have worry about calling in sick and feeling guilty because i let someone down. i know not everyone can do this. i am lucky but running a business also has its own set of problems which is money. but somehow it works itself way out.
    good luck with your decision.

love and blessings bewitched
  3. DSheridan

DSheridan New Member

I started working from home three years ago helping senior citizens downsize. One facet that has worked out great for me is selling their things on EBAY. You can advertise for this aspect alone in the newspaper or Senior Magazines.
    Good luck