Alternative to Energy Revitalization Drink Mix?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smhaws, Nov 18, 2008.

1. smhaws

smhaws New Member

My doctor has me taking the Energy Revitalization drink mix developed by Teitelbaum. I've tried both the orange and berry flavors, and I can't stand them. The taste is just awful, and it's impossible to get down if I'm having any sort of dizziness or nausea (which is more often than now recently). I've tried cutting the dose in half, but it's still pretty awful.

The nutrition profile of the drink mix is pretty good, with the vitamins and protein/amino acids. But it's not doing me any good if I'm not drinking it.

Today I tried a different protein powder, with the intention of pairing it with a good multivitamin. The new powder was completely undrinkable--much worse than the Energy Revitalization drink.

Does anyone have suggestions for something with which I could replace the drink mix? A good multivitamin can replace many of the vitamins, but not the amino acids and whatnot. I could buy each of them separately as supplements, but I'm taking soooo many pills right now and it's already expensive enough. So if anyone has suggestions for me, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks so much!

2. smhaws

smhaws New Member

Thanks for the recommendations! It'll be a big relief when I no longer have to choke down the "happy fun drink," as my husband sarcastically calls it.

3. SGR

SGR New Member

I hate the taste of it as well, but I finally figured out to take frozen berries, a little rice milk (allergic to dairy) and blend it with the powder and it tasted just fine and even tasted a bit like ice-cream, a treat for me since I can't have the ice-cream. I found that the powder was especially useful after taking it for a few weeks. Good luck! SGR