Alternative treatment for Lyme!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Dec 28, 2005.

1. darude

darude New Member

I'm looking for an alternative way to treat Lyme other than antibiotics. Please post if you have treated yourself with supplements etc. for this. I don't do well with antibiotics and have gone into shock on some. I had around rash on my shoulder for several years. When I finally treated it with some cream from. It went away and then went into body and I got Sick. Also my dog died of a mysterious illness a couple of months before I got sick.
    The dog was lethargic and started dragging his legs. I took him for a walk one day and he collapsed so took straight to vet where he died. Vet said didn't know why?????????????
  2. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi Darude,
    I'm sorry for your loss of your dog, esp. in such a mysterious way. It does sound like it could be connected to your illness, doesn't it.

I'm new at the Lyme info, but suggest that for alternative info, and just great info overall, if you haven't already, go to lymenet.org You will find oher folks there from this board!

Here are some books that might help you:

Healing Lyme: Natural Healing And Prevention of Lyme Borreliosis And Its Coinfections
    by Stephen Harrod Buhner

When Antibiotics Fail: Lyme Disease and Rife Machines, with Critical Evaluation of Leading Alternative Therapies
    by Bryan Rosner

Beating Lyme Disease: Using Alternative Medicine and God-Designed Living
    by David A. Jernigan, Sara Koch Jernigan

Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, and Lyme Disease
    by Burton Goldberg, Larry, Jr. Trivieri

I have only used the last one listed, but am also interested in getting ahold of the others.

Take care, be well,
    Hopeful4
  3. darude

darude New Member

Will check them out. I will go on antibiotics as last resort as I'm allegic to alot of them
  4. darude

darude New Member

Thanks will look it up!!!!! I tested negative at the crappy lab too.
  5. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I'm reading a thread right now on Lymenet dot org on Stephen Buhner's book, Healing Lyme. He uses what he calls natural healing (herbs mostly) for lyme and its coinfections.

Lymenet is great for asking these types of questions.

Sandy
  6. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

taking low dose naltrexone? you can read about it at www.lowdosenaltrexone.org. Blessings to you. Jen102
  7. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

When I was young, living in Florida, we had a German Shepherd who started dragging his legs. He was completely paralyzed in a short period of time.

We took him to the vet and the vet said it was from a lyme invested tick. Sure enough, he pulled the tick out and our dog recovered.

And here I am with lyme disease and many doctors don't believe lyme is in Florida.

Sandy

8. tansy

tansy New Member

borreliosis/lyme and other infections without ABx. Ditto the recommendation to read Stephen Buhner's book which also explains borreliosis and the other infections often found in lyme disease well. There are extensive descriptiond of the herbs he recommends.

Samento, noni extract, burbur, and cumanda have had their successes, these are plant extract sold through nutramedix and as I found out they are very powerful.

I will post one unusual regime that a few PWLD have found to have quite amazing results.

There are the Dr Zhang remedies based on Chinese medicine. Other possibilites include hyperbaric oxygen, rifing, salt with vitmin C, etc.

There are a lot of options. Although some insist only ABx will cure lyme disease, in the later stages of lyme disease alternatives seem to be working just as well. Recent infections ie the acute form of lyme disease responds best to ABx providing they are given for long enough.

love, Tansy

9. tansy

tansy New Member

that a few have been trying out.

Week #1:

1.Take 5 strong broad-based Probiotics before breakfast, and another 5 before lunch.

2. At bed time, take one Zantac tablet and 2 Pepto Bismol tablets. (bismuth kills Bb in the gut)

Week #2:

1. Go back to regular Probiotic dosing of 1-2 caps daily.

2. Stop the Zantac and P. Bismol.

3. Every 2 hours, for a total of 6 times daily, take the following, and do NOT miss ANY doses:

a. 1 Lecithin softgel with the following....

b. In some water mix:
    1. 2 ml. liquid Magnesium citrate
    2. a small amt. of B complex.
  10. tansy

tansy New Member

with die off whatever I used until I went back to basics. Some of the things I used are in Ken Lassesen's FWIW (for what it's worth) protocol, others were based on research alongside trial and error. Once these started to have a beneficial effect I was better able to tolerate the die off from antimicrobials.

The important things for me were immune modulators, enzymes to break down fibrin, rebalancing electrolytes, and increasing lymph flow. I also take chlorella, I know you have found this helps you, it helps with excretion of biotoxins resulting from die off.

love, Tansy
  11. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

My husband has just set up my Rife machine (he and another friend --- they are both engineers). I am taking at least a week break (maybe longer) on the abx and will begin to Rife.

Sandy