Aluminum Toxicity

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by latracy, Oct 29, 2002.

1. latracy

latracy New Member

I just got the results of my tests, and I have a toxic level of aluminum, low zinc, no calcium in the red blood cells, and low B-12. After researching, I find there are studies to indicate that most all FMers have this. So now I using suppliments to detox my body, and to add what is needed. I am hoping for the best. Any body out there have the same test results? Latracy
  2. latracy

latracy New Member

I just got the results of my tests, and I have a toxic level of aluminum, low zinc, no calcium in the red blood cells, and low B-12. After researching, I find there are studies to indicate that most all FMers have this. So now I using suppliments to detox my body, and to add what is needed. I am hoping for the best. Any body out there have the same test results? Latracy
  3. sb439

sb439 New Member

but what I wonder is: how does one *become* aluminium toxic? This may be a rather stupid question, but I really have no idea. Eating from aluminium pots? Mistakenly gobbling down bits of aluminium foil that stick to the roast chicken? Is there aluminium in paints?
    Susanne
  4. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

are often seen in many illnesses; unfortunately there is no one set of imbalances that affects us all.

I don't have toxic levels of aluminum, but I do have toxic levels of antimony, mercury, and cadmium.

Besides the things you mentioned, aluminum is in personal care items such as anti-perspirant. But, what about antimony and cadmium? We know mercury is found in dental amalgams and in a lot of our bigger fish. Does this mean I have been ingesting flame retardent material (antimony) or batteries (cadmium)?

Annette
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Pots! worst thing you can cook in, it seeps into the food.

I won't even drink out of aluminum cans.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

ALUMINUM POISONING

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SYMPTOMS AND DISEASES—Many symptoms are similar to those of Alzheimer's disease (which see) and osteoporosis (which see).

Other symptoms include gastrointestinal problems, colic, rickets, extreme nervousness, headache, anemia, poor kidney and liver function, speech disturbances, memory loss, weak and aching muscles, and softening of bones.

It is believed, by many, that Alzheimer's disease is caused by aluminum poisoning. Aluminum was little used until the 1940s, when an inexpensive method was found to extract it from Bauxite by running an electric current through that ore. Since then, Alzheimer's has rapidly increased.

An excess of either aluminum or silicon in the body results in reduced absorption of calcium and other minerals. Aluminum salts in the brain produces impaired mental abilities and seizures. The autopsied brains of Alzheimer's patients had four times as much aluminum as did those of other people.

Aluminum also damages the kidneys which try to excrete it from the body.

WHERE FOUND—Aluminum pots, pans, and other cookware. Aluminum foil, antiperspirants, deodorants, bleached flour, regular table salt, tobacco smoke, processed cheese, cream of tartar, douches, canned goods, baking powder, antacids, buffered aspirin, and most city water. Processed cheese is high in it, for the aluminum helps it melt when heated. Never use aluminum (or copper) cookware! Use stainless steel or glass whenever possible.

CADMIUM POISONING

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SYMPTOMS AND DISEASE—Anemia; joint soreness; hair loss; dry, scaly skin; dulled sense of smell; high blood pressure; loss of appetite. It can lead to emphysema and cancer.

Cadmium is a trace metal; but it is poisonous and weakens the immune system by decreasing T-cell production in the body. It is increasingly found in many substances.

Cadmium stores up in the liver and kidneys, seriously weakening both organs.

WHERE FOUND—Cigarette and cigar smokers have high cadmium levels, but you can get it from second-hand smoke. Cadmium is in plastics, white paint, and nickel-cadmium batteries. It is in drinking water, pesticides, fungicides, fertilizers, industrial air pollution, and various foodstuffs, including rice, coffee, tea, soft drinks, and refined grains.

7. karenq

karenq New Member

Hi Latracy! I was doing a search on aluminum and found this post by you. Your test results sound similar to mine. The nurse was sort of unclear, but the best I could understand I do have high levels of aluminum and low levels of zinc. I'm not sure what else. Can you tell me what suppliments you used to detox? Did you take zinc? I find that when I take zinc, I start feeling really horrible. I don't know if it is a kind of herx effect or what. But I get this horrible pressure in my head that feels like my head is going to explode! I cannot stand to be around anyone when I feel like that. I just start yelling at everybody for everything and then I cry because I'm usually a nice person and can't help being this way. So I gave up on taking the zinc.

I also saw on another post that you are a teacher. I am also a teacher. I teach kindergarten. What do you teach?

Karen
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This stuff is in everything. There's no getting away from it.

Love, Mikie
  9. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I notice the info on the printout says cadmium's found in white paint. In art school, we were always cautioned against getting red, orange & yellow paint on our skin because of the cadmium content. In four years of college, I'm sure I absorbed a lot of it, though!

I tested high-normal for aluminum & mercury. Have detoxed once already for the mercury, and additionally, use a daily combination of Vitamin C & reduced-L glutathione w/ a lot of water to further flush the "baddies" out. I try to avoid aluminum cans, foil, etc. The deoderant is the toughie!

Good luck, everyone---some sources of this stuff are easy to avoid, others a lot tougher....

Hugs,
    Pam