always feel like I'm coming down with a cold

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Nannibel, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Nannibel

Nannibel Member

I'm new to this board and so glad to find others communicating about this dd. I'm wondering if anyone else seems to come down with everything that goes around, or is there something about this disease that makes you feel like your're coming down with a cold all the time? also, I was wondering if anyone has had terrible symptoms after hav ing local anestetics for dental work. I still don't know why after having a tooth pulled I felt like I couldn't get my breath...........either it was allergies to the ragweed at the time or it was the anestetic.
  2. Nannibel

Nannibel Member

I'm new to this board and so glad to find others communicating about this dd. I'm wondering if anyone else seems to come down with everything that goes around, or is there something about this disease that makes you feel like your're coming down with a cold all the time? also, I was wondering if anyone has had terrible symptoms after hav ing local anestetics for dental work. I still don't know why after having a tooth pulled I felt like I couldn't get my breath...........either it was allergies to the ragweed at the time or it was the anestetic.
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

Now I do get them all the time and yes, I often feel like I'm getting a cold or the flu and never actually get it - go figure!
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

I'll speak for myself(but I'm aware of alot of others with these DD)I catch everything!!!I have 2 small children in school and if they drag a bug or virus home...I'm sure to catch it!!I guess its my weakened immune system??It s terrible b/c I usually visit my mom every sunday,So if I call and hear shes not feeling well,I'll postpone my visit~Its like I'm a baby.LOL but I know to well the consequences.I'm not sure about the dental anestesia.....I"ll soon find out,I have a few teeth that need repair,sceduled for december.
    As far as regular anestesia....I've had a few surgerys and I really get knocked for a loop from the anestesia!!Most people are up and about alot quicker than me!!
    Even when i'm not sick with a bug or something.....I still feel like I'm getting something!!Just achy,sore,tired!!BLAH!
    Warm regards,
    Tracey
  5. dlizard

dlizard New Member

and welcome.... you'll find out how many other people have things just like you do... its a very interesting place and there are some wonderful people here... but yes I've lost the entire inside of my mouth after dental work... it just sloughed off... among other strange and baffling things.. LOL>>> I have to laugh cause I keep people on their toes and I yes as well to the cold thing... I was ill with a pneumonia in december of last year and haven't ever totally gotten rid of that stuff... read the posts honey... you'll figure out alot of things about yourself... and like I said.. welcome!
  6. jen3092

jen3092 New Member

I have had a sore throat for about 6 weeks now and have been sure I was getting a cold but It has'nt gotten any worse... I am in a flare that is about 3 months old now and I have had this for 10 years(it is hard to believe it has been so long) I notice when my system is really down the sore throat cold symtoms are much more prominent... it usually means the virus or whatever it is is going hot and heavy again....Jen3092
  7. Marsha-June

Marsha-June Member

OMG - I googled the question about always feeling like I'm "coming down with something", I was totally freaked out to find this website on FMS. I've had it for probably 10 years and the freaky things that go on are unbelievable. It's too bad I just noticed that these posts are from 2002. Probably no one around anymore :-(