Always Hot and Sweaty

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dzlady, Mar 10, 2011.

1. dzlady

dzlady New Member

I cant seem to get cooled down no matter what I do. My feet are always cold, no matter how hot I am or how much I sweat. But I am so tired of this. If I had the house set at a temp that was comfy for me, I would freeze my family out. Our bedroom is very cool, very comfy for me, but I cant spend all day in my bedroom, although I want to. I've tried everything I can think of. I absolutely hate summertime. Any Ideas?

PS I did see the most recent posts that have been made here and have searched the internet. Is this something I am just going to have to learn to live with?
    And no thyroid problems. Dr always checks this and its well within normal range[This Message was Edited on 03/10/2011]
  2. deegill

deegill New Member

Oh how i know how you feel, but hands and feet are always so cold.

seems to be a common problem for fibros/ME.

Did you know that a thyroid test in those with fibro arent reliable? I told my gp this, he even looked it up himself and started me on thyroxine, not so hot now, just wish my feet and hands would warm up!
  3. dzlady

dzlady New Member

No, I didnt know that. I will look into that and give it to my dr. But doesnt thyroid problems cause other things that I would notice? Maybe I will look into it all.

4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Please consider the possibility that chronic undiagnosed infections could be causing these symptoms.

Profuse sweating can be associated with Babesia infection.

People with a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection often have cold feet all the time....along with fatigue, sleep problems, etc.

Often these 2 infections are found together.

Here's some info....symptom list pages 9-11, and specific info on Babesia infection on pages 22, 23, 24, 26, 27....
  5. kezzluvscats

kezzluvscats New Member

I get cold hands and feet while at the same time i can feel hot and flustered. I put a light blanket on my feet or socks and have the aircon. I use to think the hot flushes were menopause. Where i live we usually get a few long hot months of summer in the 30's and 40's and long cold winters. This summer we havn't had much of a summer- to me it's good but temps up and down.