ALWAYS SO TIRED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bolsky, Mar 5, 2003.

1. bolsky

bolsky New Member

I am fibromyalgia and untreatable depression and fear of being around people. I hate to go outside for fear of seeing someone. I am always so tired i could fall asleep at any moment. Sometimes while playing with my daughter or reading or driving i just fall asleep. When i wake up in the morning im so depressed that im still here and have to face another day of pain and misery. Nothing has worked for me so far. I was diagnosed with FMS in 1995. I have been ordered to preform community service and would like to know if anyone knows if it can be done at home. I homeschool my daughter because i cant get her to school and cant drive for fear of falling asleep. Im so tired i can barely function. I dont know what to do. Id just give up if it werent for my daughter. im just so tired of being sick and tired. I see no chance of my life getting any better.
  2. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

Hey. I am so sorry you are feeling down. I too struggle with fatigue and have two small children. I want to encourage you to try to stay positive. Every emotion you have releases a chemical reaction in your body. You want to make sure you have positive thoughts so your body can try to heal itself (of course you will probably need help with meds, supplements, but you can help yourself tremendously with positive thoughts). If you can not seem to do this on your own, I recommend a therapist who can teach you how. ALso, how is your spiritual life? I am not pushing it on you, but some days, that is the only thing that keeps me going....I know my God is with me.....There are some good shows on Family Net that are very encouraging. Hope this helps. Have a blessed day!!!!
  3. RedB

RedB New Member

I understand how you feel. I was dead-tired for 5 years. I would finally get out of bed, take a shower, and because it exhausted me, I'd crawl back on the couch and sleep another half hour.

I started reading that Vitamin B-12 is being used often for FM and CFS patients, so I now take a sublingual vitamin B-12 pill every day. It has made the world of difference. The type I take is made by Trivita (a web search will bring it up). The pills dissolve under your tongue and go straight into your system.

They made my fatigue 75% better. I once again have energy to do a few things.

You also can receive injections of this from a doctor, but it is much more expensive. Either way, I hope you can afford to try it and that you get some relief from it.

Good luck,
    Kathy
  4. layinglow

layinglow New Member

You haven't mentioned if you have tried treatment for the extreme fatique you are experiencing. You mention you are very depressed as well. Not only can fatique be a symptom of fibro, but it is a symptom of depression.

There are many herbs and supplements if you prefer natural to fight both fatigue and depression. It is a matter of experimenting to find which will work best for you.

Additionally there are antidepressants which will help in this situations, too.

B-12 As mentioned above has been the difference of night and day to me. Your description of your utter exhaustion, was the same as I was experiencing. I had been taking sublingual B-12 for months, but reaping no benefits. I have since started with B-12 injections at home, daily, and I must tell you, I haven't felt this way in ages, it was instant! Apparently there are those who cannot aborb B-12 orally, due to various reasons. One common reason with FM'ers is IBS/leaky gut, and bacterial and fungal overgrowth, resulting in malabsorption problems.

Are you under a physicians care? I think it wise to discuss the depression and exhaustion with he/she. I just began taking Lexapro, an antidepressant, also. I am seeing very good results from the B 12, and Lexapro combo. Again, what works for one, doesn't always work for another, and you must find that combination that works for you.

Hey, I am a homeschooling mom, also. We have a 15 and a 12 year old still at home. We have four children, and have homeschooled 3 of them! It's wonderful!

Best wishes in your quest to beat this fatique!
    LL