Alyndra - Question for you!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rileyearl, Oct 19, 2005.

1. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi Amanda,

I started taking the Metformin and had to stop after two days because the metallic taste that stayed in my mouth all the time was too much. I had some nausea, too, but that was bearable. Did you get the bad taste? Did it go away, if so? I'm bummed. I really wanted the magic fatgoaway pill.

Hope things are going well for you. How's the baby girl bird?

Love,

Francie
  2. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

BOY! do they come at a price ;)

While the taste they gave me wasn't quite metallic (might have been more pleasant!) they did definately have a distinct taste. I think it took about 2 weeks to start fading away.

Unless I just got used to it.

I'm now down 19lbs though, and still only at 1500mg of the Metformin. I tried increasing my dose to 1750 a few days ago and BAM! awful taste, food wouldn't stay down, etc.. all the fun stuff!

I really think between the MetX and the Metformin, it's a battle meant to test our determination. Like any 'weight loss diet' it isn't easy - but in the end, it works!

And my girl? HOLY FEATHERS! To look at her you can't see ANY skin right now, and most of the grey down feathers are covered by green and yellow ones! The past 2 days she's been looking a little more bare, but she's going into a natural molt like the others, right now.

All in all, things are pretty good right now.

Try only taking half the dose of the Metformin though. Your body might just need to gradually get used to it. As I say, back in August I was supposed to take 2000mg a day. It's the last half of October and I'm STILL not up to that dose!

Good luck hun
    Amanda
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for the good words. I think I'll start them up again next week. Maybe try just 250mg AM and PM for awhile. If I can't tolerate that much for two weeks, I think I'll give it up. Maybe all the other stuff I'm doing will help overall and make the weight come off.

Yeah for the little birdie! How funny that the vet couldn't help you, but the hurtin' ladies on the fm board conspired to invent a cure.

I've scheduled a sleep study at the end of the month. Hopefully, something other that a recommendation to wear a CPAP mask will happen. Don't think I could do that--too claustrophobic.

Take care!

Francie