Alzheimer prevention supps. ???

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Granniluvsu, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Anyone have any ideas besides possibly Fish Oil which we are taking but not sure how much is best amount to take daily

DH's dad died with Alzheimers when he was almost 86. Now, I worry about that for my DH who is now 73 and so far doing pretty well oither than moderate high b/p. I am the one who really has to worry about that (the hi b/p) !!

Maybe I will also post this on the AZ.board, if I get the NRG.

Thanks for any idea on this subject !

Hugz to all,

Granni
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Thanks Jam and Susan2009 for all your info.

DH is taking GE as I am also. We also eat strawberries or blueberries with our cereal daily. We also eat nuts but I am trying to find some that are not that expensive andhave less salt. That is not an easy task. Sams has a big container for a good price but they do not have less or no salt.

Finding any low or no salt snacks is ridiculous unless you want to order on line and pay the price for S and H.

Have to run for now and fix lunch.

Thanks both of you. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Hugz,
    Granni

3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

from ex and didn't play for 30 some yrs, and now back at it since 60something and this really keeps the mind working. Love the game, play a bit less since spine has gotten "ugly" but still manage to play a couple times per week. Sit and stand, sit and stand while playing.....

Stay away from aluminum in all forms.

Does anyone know FOR SURE about genetics and this disease? My folks both lived into their 90's and both had good minds to the end, never did mind games, etc...so we don't know...but I believe taking the Grape Seed Ex long term can HOPEFULLY help that area. [This Message was Edited on 06/18/2012]
  4. kbak

kbak Member

I understand that coconut oil, 2 capsules a day are suppose to make a real difference in cognative function. I'm giving it a try and we'll see what happens.

kbak
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

and everyone fora their ideas. I think I had heard something about coconut oil before .

Let us know what happens Kbak .

Granni