Am I alone or does any one else get realy sleepy all the time

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Dec 27, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I have a problem and it is getting worse,I get so sleepy while watching TV, typing on the coumputer, reading a book.

Right now I am fighting to keep my eye's open as I am typing. I feel like they are so heay that I have to shut them now. It is a struggle to keep them open and me awake. I feel like If I could just let my eye's close I would fall alseep so fast and stay that way all night. but if I were to sleep now I would not sleep as well tonight.

I would like ot know if I am alone with this proboem? Does this happen to you? I am so sleepy that i cna't thing right. LIke I said my eye's just want to close tight and for me to fall alseep but why is it when I do lay down in my bed that I wake up and can't fall alseep?
    I am losing it I know. But I am so sleepy all day and night. But I don't sleep well at night.

What is going on with me? Have I Lost my mind? I don't know what to think about this any more...........

So sleepy all the time...........

Rosemarie
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Also, we can expect Severe Sleep Disturbances and Cognitive Dysfunction (Foggy brain).

Dr. Jake Herxhiemer says that when you find a cure that the patient's symptoms may actually get worse before they get better.

What are you using to treat your CFS?
  3. mymissy

mymissy New Member

I don't post often but do read alot of the post. This I can relate to. I have days that it is all I can do to keep my eyes open. All i want to do is just close my eyes and sleep, but when I try I can't sleep for long. I also don't sleep good at night. I'm up & down till about 3am and that's when I finally fall asleep. I hate the days I can't keep my eyes open, it makes for one long miserable day. Before all of this happened to me I could sleep for 12 hours straight. Now I go several days of not sleeping good then crash and stay in bed all day. Glad to know that I'm not alone.

Patty
  4. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

I also only post once in awhile but read all the time and part of the reson is because i find it so hard to keep my eyes open,went to dr and was given ambien cr,yes i fall asleep fast but still dont feel any diffrent, right now i cant keep my eyes open but iam also so hungry but cant seem to move to get something to eat,anyway sorry this is so long but oh ya my eyes dont like to stay open. take care.
  5. mejlee

mejlee New Member

Oh sweetie, you are not alone nor are you going crazy. I have been living with this for years. I live in a not FM/CFS friendly state, MN. I can't get a Dr. to work with my multiple issues. I started showing signs of FM in about 1995 and the CFS reared it's ugly head in about 2003. I never know from one minute to the next if I'm going to be pulling my hair out because I can't sleep or if I'm going to be falling asleep while washing dishes! I am lucky to have SSDI, so now I am trying to just not be so hard on myself. I find that getting frustrated seems to make it worse. Hang in there!

Jen
  6. Daisys

Daisys Member

I sure had this problem for a long time. Turns out I have alpha wave intrusion, which means I don't get the deep sleep that's important for healing/repairing. This is a common sleep disorder for CFS/FM.

I didn't know I was sleep deprived because I slept long hours. It took a sleep study to show I got no level 4 sleep at all, and very little level 3.

I'm on xyrem now, and I'm alert all day. Xyrem used to be sold over the counter in health food stores, and many people used it for years to get quality sleep. Then it was found to be abused, and became a controlled substance.

If you wake up unrefreshed, request a sleep study. There's many reasons for not getting quality sleep. If it turns out to be alpha wave intrusion, and you don't respond to the other meds and herbs (like me) you may be able to get on xyrem. It is safe when taken as instructed, and guarantees a good night's sleep.