Am I alone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cappello, Mar 14, 2003.

1. cappello

cappello New Member

Hello, new to this forum. Anyone elso out there trying to live with CFIDS and raise small children - I have 4 under 8 and I am having a really hard time. I have REALLY bad brain fog and internal head pressure that I must contend with. Am I alone?
  2. lin21

lin21 New Member

Hi,

I know it seems that way but whenever you feel alone just jump on this board. I have FM and possible CFS too and have found this people to be wonderful. I have an 8 year old daughter but she is extremely spoiled. I am always running her to Brownies or dance or something. I'm exhausted all the time and literally have to force myself to do these things with her. I was recently diagnosed and am trying to keep my life as close to normal as possible which hasn't been working too good lately.

Hugs,
    Lin
  3. a121558

a121558 New Member

Hi, No you definately are not alone. I have FM. I found this site by accident just a few days ago, or I should say a few nights ago. They are all really great here. All my children are grown. I could not imagine this with small children. Hang in there and God Bless You. Anna
  4. Lau

Lau New Member

I don't know how you do it, only that as Moms you do what you have to do. Mine are older now, and I couldn't imagine finding the strength to raise small children now.

Try to find small ways that they can 'help' you, such as putting things away, dusting, etc. now so that as they grow older they can be more self reliant and helpful. I didn't do this and mine (over 20) still depend on me so much for everything-Hubby too!

Raising children is the most challenging and important job anyone could have. I hope you find some support from others around you.

Regards, Laurie
  5. gardengrow

gardengrow New Member

I have CFIDS too and have three children. My oldest doesnt live at home now -graduated college and all. But my other two are ages 17 and 7! I have a wide spread. Anyway, I can relate to you very well. My kids have hardly had a Mom the last three years. My daughter has been in very limited activities outside of school and because of low self esteem I enrolled her in Brownies this week. Already we have had mtg to go to and are now out selling cookies and it is killing me. I cant walk around much and am headachy and ill by the afternoon. The brain fog intensified because of myj busy sched. and I have been doing stupid things and forgetting many many things. For the first time I forgot to pick up my daughter and our neighbor from school. The school called and I was just felt so dumb. I almost cried when I went into the office to get the kids. Well, just jwanted to let you know you are definetely not alone in this! Hang in there.

Gardengrow
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Welcome to this support board. We are glad you found us. I have Fibromyalgia and a host of other conditions that go along with it. It is very hard raisng children when your not feeling well. I have two boys and I sympathsis with you. Just do the best you can, keep things as normal as you can for them. Kids don`t want a perfect mom but one that makes them feel just safe and loved.
    The brain fog and pressure in your head are common symptoms. For the last week I have a really bad sinus infection and infected tonsils, so it really feels like my head is going to explode.
    Does your husband help enough? It took me a good 10 yrs to finally get mine to help enough so don`t give up on that.
    Just keep coming here for support and learn all you can about this illness. It will help a lot.
  7. PAT

PAT New Member

There are a lot of us moms of little ones out here, we just don't have a lot of time to come on a post much! At least that's true for myself.
    I have 5 kids. My boys are 4, 8, 10, 12, and my baby girl is 2. It is very hard most of the time to cope with pain while putting the needs of the kids and husband first. I try to stay as busy as possible.
    I have to run right now, but you can email me if you need to talk.
    Patti G
  8. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Hi Cappello, and Welcome to the Board!
    No, you are not alone. I wish I would have been able to put these disorders off a few years. I have four children, two are still at home, which we are homeschooling. The most important areas to concentrate on are---not going above and beyond what you can do. Prioritize and pace yourself, otherwise we dearly pay. A change in lifestyle is very beneficial. Reduce all the unnecessary clutter and stress in life, and take a simpler, calmer approach.
    Best wishes,
    LL