Am I expecting too much of BF with CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by girlfriend_2006, Jul 13, 2006.

1. girlfriend_2006

girlfriend_2006 New Member

Hi all,

Thanks again for all your support in the past.

I am at witts end these days and tempted to end this relationship. I take my cues completely from him and never pressure him to see me etc.

He is housebound with CFS and as a result hardly lets me see him. We talk all day throughout the day but we rarely get personal contact (once every three weeks if I'm lucky).

I accepted this -- when I thought no one else was seeing him either. Last night he threw a dinner party for 10 people (all family) and I didn't get an invite (I've yet to meet his family and we've been going out for 6 months)! He was having a good day I'm sure but I feel really cheated!

Am I right to feel so hurt? Or should I be more understanding of the limitations this DD places on him and recognise that he needs to see his family too.

I am temtped to break up with him over this but I wanted your advice first, to make sure I wasn't being rash and closed-minded regarding his capabilites.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

You should have been invited to the party- but ask him why he didn't think of it. You deserve more than an occasional "crumb" to be tossed to you...it would have been a nice opportunity to meet his family.
  3. girlfriend_2006

girlfriend_2006 New Member

Thank you both very much.
    And yes prickles, he did throw the party.

I really appreciate your advice - I just wanted to make sure I was being fair and sensitive to his needs with respect to CFS, and that I wasn't being unrealistic by being upset.

I really needed to hear both of your comments!

Thanks and best wishes!