Am I flaring?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lisabk, Aug 26, 2006.

1. lisabk

lisabk New Member

This last week I've felt like utter garbage. I am recently tentatively dxed by a GP and will be seeing a rheumatologist next week.

-The digestive symptoms, which had abated for a few weeks, came roaring back for no discernible reason.

-The costochondritis is terrible right now, after a period where it wasn't so bad (I have it all the time) - the nerve endings from the front of my ribcage all the way to my back just seem to prickle and ... not itch, but you know what I mean? It feels bruised and burny. It's uncomfortable, to say the least.

-The low back pain... ugh.

-Stiff neck - the neck went out on August 1 and while it's not as painful as it was, it's still stiff and uncomfortable.

-I'm crabby and wave my hands around in the air a lot because I can't find the right word.

Oh, and about tender points? I'm afraid I'll get to the rheumatologist and he'll send me out because I am not writhing around in pain on the floor when the tender points are pressed. I'm sore all over, and some of those points feel more "tender" than others, but I have such a high tolerance for pain that I keep thinking it doesn't hurt enough for a definitive dx.

The house is a mess, the kids start school on Monday, and it's all I can do right now to schlep myself around and do the bare minimum.

Is this a flare?
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2006]
  2. kbo

kbo New Member

Sounds exactly like how I am feeling lately and I am in a huge flare righ now. I just had a baby two months ago which put me into a huge flare up. Hang in there
  3. lisabk

lisabk New Member

Thanks for yr response... it's been 8 years since my last baby, but my stress level has been high and my work load is pretty intense right now and I insist on pretending I can do everything.

I hope you come out of it soon! I'm hoping for both of us!
  4. toughone

toughone New Member

You sound like me--too much stress, and I like to pretend I can still do everything, too! What is the matter with us? I give everyone else here advice about taking care of themselves and not overdoing, but I don't pay a bit of attention to myself. I feel like I have to prove to myself that I can still function at 100%. In reality, I think I'm probably 75% able and that's on a good day. I've been going in and out of flares since May and I'm exhausted. I'm flaring right now and have been on the couch for 2 days. That's not like me, but I'm not sleeping either, so I'm down for the count.

Worry about the things that MUST be done for now. You'll catch up later. Try to take a lot of rest breaks. Stay with this board--there are a lot of wonderful, helpful people here who share your pain and seem to know how to make things a little better...

Take care of yourself...

Bonny

[ advertisement ]