Am I getting better or is it part of a remission then flare cycle

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gilly26, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Gilly26

Gilly26 New Member

Hi
    I havent posted for a while have been pretty ill but this past week feels like a miracle has happened I feel good really good I can walk my dogs, i am sleeping and have been able to get up on a morning instead of been stuck in bed till lunch time whats going on?? Am I getting better!
    I have been diagnosed with FM/CFS and have been ill for the past 2 yrs. I have recently gone on an anti-candida diet have started taking vits and minerals and had my pain meds changed to Lyrica and my amitriptaline increased so i am getting more sleep. Is this just a period of remission or am i getting better. I am terrified that this ne found freedom will be taken away from me. Please let me know your thoughts and experiences.

Love

Gilly 26
  2. suz45

suz45 New Member

Gilly:

I know its scary even when your feeling better, not wanting to get your hope up to high.

However, it sounds like the med and lifestyle changes are beginning to work and that you may be going into remission. I have FM/MPS so the fatigue doesn't seem quite as bad for me, it is usually the MPS flares that do me in. Often I have noticed it is when I am not following my lifestyle routine, let myself get out of pace....

I am trying to stay on course wtih my supplements, i try not to use meds only short term when in a flare. However the lifestyle part is crucial.

Sounds like your headed in the right direction. Keep walking your dogs and doing what your doing. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

In wellness,

Suz45
  3. mindbender

mindbender New Member

Just kidding, all I know is that I take the same meds as you so that can't be it.

It must be the diet and such, cause I still feel like crap.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/13/2006]
  4. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

If it helps you, keep up the process for a year, and then wean gradually. If symptoms come back, go on the meds again.

It's always good to hear of progress. Remember, don't overdo.

Best wishes.

CherylSue
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Gilly:

Meds usually make me feel better, but I still know it is masking the symptoms of fibromyalgia, sometimes good, sometimes not so well.

I hope it all works out well for you. Mental attitude is very important, too.

nyrofan
  6. Gilly26

Gilly26 New Member

just wanted to say thank u for he kind words and support and i really hope this good spell continues.

Love

Gilly 26
  7. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Hi Gilly,
    RU fighting Epstein-Barr or cytomegalo virus? Other viruses?
    If you have a weak immune system, then its "open season" on Gilly.

For candida, I tried lots of treatments but had the best success with 3 Lac. Its three strains of Lactobacillus bacteria that compete against the candida. Lac is the bacteria found in buttermilk.

I tried buttermilk...I can't handle it...great in pancakes, but that destroys the bacteria.