Am I helping you? Please reply

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blonderescue, Oct 27, 2006.

1. blonderescue

blonderescue New Member

Does anyone out there read my posts and feel better for it or find info that helps.

I have been busting a gut to reply to as many of your posts as possible but not sure if I am helping.

Please give me some feedback.

Thanks

Kaz
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Kaz.
    Even though I don't know if you have responded to any of my posts, I read your responses and find them interesting and helpful.

I find it hard when the person whose post I answer doesn't answer back. I think some people don't realize how much it helps the responder to be acknowledged. Maybe they just don't think of it. Hopefully, our post will help people be aware.

Hugs,
    Terry
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Hi!,

It's nice to meet you. I don't remember if we have meet before but I want to answer your question per my view.

I think every one's post is important and should be valued. It takes a great deal of energy and time for most of us to post so I do value every one's effort.

Sometimes when I post I feel like I help someone else (which makes me feel better about myself) and other times I am asking for help and that too makes me feel good that someone will help me.
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

I just want to say welcome to the board can't remember if I have meet you before or not...LOL

Some people just do not have the energy to answer posts but are thankful just the same so be patient :)

Like 1sweetie :) I am just sharing my opinion on this :) and only mean it in a nice way so please do take it the wrong way.

I post a lot of information I think some people may want to know sometimes.

I am always appreciative when someone thanks me but at the same time I also understand that most here are just too sick to say they read it or even read it for that matter.

I will bump things up a couple of times so that is gives some a chance to read but not for the kudos though -- I just do it -- as I am sure you and others her do -- just to share information in the hopes in may help someone in some small way.

Please enjoy this board the people are great -- as you will find :) and you don't even have to "bust you gut" -- please go a little easier on yourself this board is for fun, friendship, support, sharing, learning and whatever you want to get out of it.

It isn't supposed to be a job...LOL

I do hope you take all of this in the good spirit I offer -- because it isn't my intention to offend you in any way. I am sure in no time at all you will have so many responses you'll not be able to keep up with them :)

You can bump your post up for more responses also :)

Have a great day :)

Again welcome to the board,

Karen :)
    [This Message was Edited on 10/28/2006]
  5. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

I agree with what has been posted above...I went thru a few days of posting lots...and now I'm in a flare, so my posts are shorter, or I don't post...just read, or bump something.

I still have some posts that I want to get back to, but my energy is lacking to get into a more complex response.

Go with your energy, if you want to respond, do so...Please realize that people do what they can do, and that changes sometimes day to day...just like the DD that we all have.

Suz

6. tlayne

tlayne Member

I have thought about this alot. I would like everyone to know that you all help me. I used to post and try to reply to many posts. But I am trying to keep my part time job, while being very sick. I lurk, but don't have the energy to post or reply anymore.

I get discouraged when I do take the time and energy to post, and nobody replies. But I also have to remember that we are all here because we are ill.

Please know that those of you who take the time and energy to post that you are helping more people than you know. Sometimes it is kinda like when you help a stranger, and no one else knows about your kind act. But God knows how each of you touch one another and he will reward you for your efforts! Hugs, Tam
  7. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I am glad that you wrote how you feel.

These rotten conditions makes all of us so isolated.

The fact that so many of us write to message boards like this shows just how lost and lonely we feel.

Some days I feel desperate for conversation with someone and yet if a friend did happen to come for a visit I would get exhausted so quickly.

So we reach out on message boards to strangers just too feel a little bit connected. Often we wonder if anyone is listening or if they think we are just weird!

Please keep posting and know that people here do understand and are feeling just as lonely. We do understand.

hugs Redwillow
  8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I don't recall you responding to my posts but I don't post many threads so that may be the reason. lol

Your screen name gives me a clue that maybe you think you must rescue everyone. Been there, done that. You're a dear to try to help people but please don't bust a gut. You're ill, too, and need to rest. When you get to that "I've just hit a brick wall" feeling, quit. There will be someone else to reply if you can't. I, for one, wouldn't want you to reply knowing that you were hurting yourself to do it.

Hugs,
    Marta
  9. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Kaz:

I do more replying to posts rather than posting a topic.
    That is just the was I am.

Unfortunately I do not remember your posts, but will do a search above to see if there are recent posts I missed, which is possible.

Also, when I post: i always go back and answer those who answered.

I feel that if they took the time to answer me I should respond.

Glad you are here!

nyrofan
  10. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I've read your posts to others and found them to be helpful. Please don't feel you are not being helpful. We have both responded to some of the same threads and I remember your posts.

I always try to thank others when they have helped me, but there are a lot of new members and some who don't post often so maybe they don't get back for a response. Or some simply can't thank everyone if they have a large response so they have a blanket thank you which is fine especially when we are feeling sick.

So I say Keep Posting!!
  11. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Blonderescue,

You are more a help than you may know. Sometimes just haveing some one that is posting and they hit on the things are get to you the most. You offer comfort to others and help as well .Thank you for giving so much of your self. You do help. thank you,
    Rosemarie