Am I Herxing????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scottabir, May 8, 2003.

1. scottabir

scottabir New Member

I am a week into taking Immunocal (undenatured whey isolate) and last night I became so ill. I woke up with horrible night sweats, nausea, headache, heart beating fast, low blood pressure, and fever. I am so new to all this stuff, does that sound like herxing? I still feel ill today. If it is herxing how long will this last? What can I do to help it along? I have tried many other detoxifiers and haven't had any success. I hope this is die-off but OMG this sucks!!!

Abi
    [This Message was Edited on 05/08/2003]
  2. scottabir

scottabir New Member

3. scottabir

scottabir New Member

thanks so much for replying. I cant remember exactly what the immunocal kills off. I just remember that it has GSH (glutathione) which is an anti-oxidant. Do a search on the internet gor immunocal and dr. cheney and some good info should come up. I like the thought about the worse the herx the better the remission. I havent felt this bad in 2 years! Good luck with your treatment and i hope you find relief!

Abi
  4. memaw

memaw New Member

Please forgive my ignorance.....what is herxing?
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Used to be thought that Herxing was caused by the dead pathogens' turning toxic in the system until they could be excreted through the kidneys.

Now, researchers think Herxing is from stirring up the pathogens and the reaction from the immune system itself.

Finally, it could be a combination of the two.

In any case, it's a good sign even though it makes one feel like crap. Herxing time differs from person to person depending on how sensitive our systems are. Mine usually last 1-2 days.

Love, Mikie
  6. memaw

memaw New Member

Thanks so much for your answers. I suppose it is detoxing. I really need to do that. My husband has terminal cancer and I have been cooking whatever he wants and since most of it is Southern comfort food, I've been eating right along with him. I do know that a low carb, high fat diet that I was on last year helped me to lose a bunch of weight and my FMS was much better during that time. I don't know if I was just in a good time of no flares or if it was the diet. I want to get back on it but haven't been sucessful. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. Today I have bronchitis and a doozy of a head cold so I'm just doing pretty much nothing. Talk to you soon, though!