Am I loosing the plot or is this the FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tammy21, Apr 12, 2006.

1. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

It is hard to explain but here goes, if I am sitting still for a while or when I am trying to go to sleep the feeling that I get inside of the arms is a build up pressure and I have to get up and move around to get rid of that horrible feeling.I am now getting that feeling in the top half of my body. it does not hurt but it takes over and you have to get up and go. sounds weird I know, I hope I am not loosing the plot lol

Any help on this matter would help ease the mind.
    Thankyou
    Take care everyone
    Tammy
  2. donna275

donna275 New Member

Does yours feel kinda like a tickling? I have had this feeling in my arms. I would have to get up and I would do a handstand to put pressure on my arms to try and rid myself of that feeling. I have also had the feeling in my hips and also in my head a long time ago. I've been told it is anxiety. It is one of the worst and weirdest feelings and I hope I don't ever have it again. It makes you feel crazy. And, your right, it doesn't hurt.

Donna
  3. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

No it's not that kind of feeling. that tickling feeling you get would sure be anoying (wrong spelling)

Tammy
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

It could be your diaphram causing this. It can get irritated and cause that pressure feeling. Maybe you hold your breath or breather obnly at top of lungs instead of using abdomen.

Light Yoga breathing(very light) may help release this feeling.

Love Anne C
  5. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Restless leg..
    Even though it is not in your legs... I had that after it was in my legs but before I was on my meds. I would have to shake my arms and open and close my hands to try and get rid of that feeling my docs then told me it was restless leg syndrome and it is not always in your legs it can go to other limbs.
  6. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

Anne and Mom4three yes I must rember to do more of the deep breathing. and to learn that restless leg can effect other parts of the body is interesting
    Take care
    Tammy
  7. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I was having terrible restless legs - since I started supplementing with Magnesium, my former constipation problem has cleared up AND the RLS is gone! Maybe that would help you also...

What I didn't realize was that one of my blood pressure medications (a diuretic or "water pill") was pushing magnesium out of my body at such a rate that I didn't have enough.

I knew calcium, potassium are important for muscle transport, magnesium is also important.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie