Am i losing my mind/

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by halfpint49, Dec 4, 2005.

1. halfpint49

halfpint49 New Member

i seem to be having trouble with my words. i know in my head what they are but to get them out or out the right way is gettting very hard sometimes. when i write i have trouble with letters. it's like a blank in my head and even on here i have trouble getting my head to tell my fingers where to go. my memory likes to play tricks on me also. sometimes i wonder if i did something i can't remember if i did or not. i hate it when i go to see if i did it and find out it is done. or be in the middle of something and wonder how you got there. maybe it is just my mind... on it's way out lol thanks and happy and safe holidays to you all
  2. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I lose my words quite often - especially when tired or in a flare up. I have this annoying habit of illustrating this with my hand...can't explain it but most people I know understand that when I do this hand motion I need help with finding a word. It is very hard to communicate so you are not alone! Brain fog!

Nancy
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I've had this going on for years now, and finally found out via the QEEG brain map that I was so imbalanced with my acetylcholine/alpha waves which produces this.

My husband has been complaining about it for a couple of years, so he finally took the questionnaire yesterday, and it showed the same thing.

So think we'll both be going for neurofeedback to balance those chemicals out, along with finding a Dr. that knows what diet, supplements, etc. are best for this condition.

It's your brain; not your mind. So frustrating!!

LIGHT**********carole
  4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

My neurofeedback practitioner did her thesis on brainwaves in relation to fibromalgia, and my map clearly shows that I have it.

LIGHT*********carole
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

cognitive difficulties - we lose words, they come out wrong, we forget what we're talking about - short term memory loss.

I have to write everything down on a blackboard or callendar. I ask people the same question several times, I sound like I cant talk properly, I've learned to laugh at it now.

You're not losing your mind. You will probably find that you are sensitive to light and noise too.

love
    Rosie
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You are not losing your mind. It goes with FM and probably CFS too.

I have something to say, and all of a sudden my brain does not work with my mouth, out comes the wrong word, or I forget totally what I wanted to say.

Drinking half my body weight in plain water, and taking magnesium has helped a great deal. But if I am stressed it gets bad again.

A great book on FM/CFS is; 'The Fibromyalgia Advocate (A Survival Manual)' by Devin Starlanyl. This doctor has FM and her book is just wonderful, answers lots of these questions for you.

Take care of yourself.........

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 12/05/2005]
  7. sofy

sofy New Member

Ive lost a great deal of mine and cant find it and even if I could I couldnt bend over to pick it up. Not to worry cuz I still have my most important coping tool, my sense of humor.

When I first got so sick in order to make a phone call I would have to cover the whole number with a piece of paper and then slowly move it to see the next number. Even then I would often dial it wrong.

Once I quit working and was able to rest more that type of symptom isnt as bad as it was. I still get words mixed up but then my healthy grown daughter will do that sometimes too and continualoly reminds me that not everything like that is cuz Im sick. We humans do fumble sometimes naturally.