am i rude??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smiffy79, Dec 16, 2005.

1. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

ive been described as rude on another board i visit. i know i can be a little blunt but rude?
  2. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I don't think you are rude at all!! Some people are just overly sensitive!!
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

Things we write do not always come across in the same way they would if we spoke them; there's no clues from the tone of voice or facial expressions. Subsequently what is written can be read the wrong way.

Whatever we write or say it'll always be wrong in someone's opinion; that's life.

Since board's like this encourage discussions and different viewpoints there's a lot of potential for someone taking the wrong things personally. In everyday life we see others taking disagreement with something they've said as a personal attack. This happens on message boards too.

love, Tansy
  4. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Hmmm. I'm very opinionated and frequently express what's on my mind, but rude isn't the word that I get called . . .

LOL!
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

You're a darling!!!!
  6. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

thanks all of you so much it really got me down now the same woman says im dim!
    just perfect eh.
    im going to let one person know where im goingto be and leave that board ~ which apparantly isnt a board its'usenet' whatever that is because they wont say but another woman said i have to respect the usenet community and read it through a newsreader or go away. i read it through google and so do many other ppl but nothing is said to them.
    i think ive fallen foul of a tight clique so its just not worth hanging around.
    i knew you guys wouldnt let me down and i thought that if i had ever come across as rude then you would have told me to pipe down and put a sock in it :)
  7. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I don't post a lot here, but I have been reading here almost daily now for quite some time. I have never seen you post anything which could have been construed as rude Smiffy..never!

But what I have learned from being involved in forums in the past is this. There are some people who seem to simply look and search for things at which to take offense. I have seen it described as a problem due to the fact that we do not see the facial expressions or hear the tones of voices with which the poster uses, but I don't know that this is always the case.

You must know yourself, that even in real life, there are some folks who get offended very easily. People with fibro are said to be more sensitive and emotional. But I have seen it in forums where the people were healthy and it just happens anyway. Please put your worries to ease and don't let this add to your stress you have already. I am afraid the fact is that some people, whether they realize it or not, do simply search for things to be offended about. I do not mean in this message board, but on the net, in general. But I do not think it is anything you have said!
  8. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

kgangel nice to meet you too :)

merry christmas to you all i have left one last message for one person then im off and not going back.
  9. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

the lady i went back for has homed a puppy so ive left her some info so thats it now,i dont want to go back.
    ive found a really nice moderated board and they all seem really nice there.
    thankyou all for your support.
  10. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

Smiffy!, There is no other board is there:S Na, you aren't rude! I am a blunt person myself, and some people can't handle directness. You go girl!
    Raz
  11. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

no it wasnt thsi board and i would perfectly accept it if one of you were to tell me i had been over the top.

unfortunatly that board is over run with cliques and my fingers didnt fit in:) im better off away from them and i think they will be better off away from one another ~ truely poisonous people visit there.and the trolls,they are from another world!!!

12. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

dont apologise for laughing mystic its cool :)
    its nice you found it so absurd you laughed, with what you said about the dogs made me smile as it was a dog board,i had found myself the victim of the board troll and had found myself unable to ignore him any longer as he had started to pick on my illnesses and started to mention meds i take but hadnt even mentioned there so i snapped at him and what i said to him was rude but that was after the me beind rude comment.
    i can be brutal with the truth but this man i wanted to sever his head but i typed in temper and what i typed was so vulgar i laughed when i read it back after posting.
  13. jaguarsky

jaguarsky New Member

I had to laugh when I read this post. There is a TV commercial that I saw recently that had a line of women, each stepping up to a microphone to talk briefly about being assertive, opinionated, etc...

The last woman steps up to the mic and says, "Did you just call me a b**ch ---- THANK YOU!"

14. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

But there are about 4 other people on the board that I feel are. I have deleted posts because of their comments that were very embarrassing and rude.

I try to stay away from them. I could name names, but I won't. This is why I don't post as much as I used to. I don't answer as much as I used to either.

Hugs,
    Faye
  15. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Most of the people in the world will never know about it anyway.

Of the ones who know, most won't care.

A few people will be pleased.

A few won't.

So do what you think is best.
  16. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

faye im sorry you feel ppl have been rude here,ok yes ive had some hurtful comments but that was one occasion where i was misunderstood (magnesium gate lol)
    but ive never found anyone downright rude. thats a shame im sorry :(