Am I the only guy with pic in profile?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrpain, Aug 5, 2006.

1. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I'm like a lot of you who likes to see the face behind the name. Since we read and share our stories and information with one another, it just makes it more enjoyable to see who we're talking to. But am I the only guy who has done this? Have I broken a male rule? I always click to read the profile and look at the pic, (if there). But it just occured to me that I've never seen one.
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

Bump for Mr Pain
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

There was a guy on here a couple of weeks ago. He came in and posted and have seen him since. He play music, I think his name was Mike, fibro fog actived now.

I have only one picture of myself dressed in a 1970's suit the day I played a extra in the We are Marshall Movie. I might get brave one day. For now I will stick with my furbies and home.

It is amazing you look just like my first husband, even the sunglasses,lol. Cute daughter too- hope you had a good Sat- carla
  4. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I want to apologize to everyone about the pic being so hugh. My wife is the one who put it on here but she didn't know how to make it smaller. I don't either.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/05/2006]

ckball----I use to date a girl who's last name was Ball.
    That was many many years ago.. Even years before I met my wife.[This Message was Edited on 08/05/2006]
  5. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

You are very handsome! I no longer want to post any pics of me because there are a few crazies on here that like to collect info on us and stalk us. Not being paranoid either.

Hugs! :)
  6. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Maybe it's the fog in my brain but how can they stalk you when they don't know your name, address, or other pertinent info? Maybe I need to rethink this because I sure don't want to put my family at risk..
  7. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

very handsome :)

you dont look sick...hehehe
    just alittle fibro humor

have a nice night

p.s. tell your wife thanks, now we have a face with your great posts
  8. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I usually put all of my "Where in the World?" photos on my profile, but I'll put a photo of myself up soon.

I like to see the face behind the name, too.

Ken
  9. mrpain

mrpain New Member

stormyskye- you make a great pic but it should be larger. Mine is the one that should be the size of yours but we didn't know how to make it smaller.

livnlife- ya'll look like a very good and happy couple. Thanks for sharing a wonderful pic.

blessedmom2four- you ARE a blessed mom with those beautiful children. I know your very proud of them. Great pic!
  10. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Your where in the world photos are great, but you need to go up next..Have a good one!
  11. sues1

sues1 New Member

I have always pictures you as a little older. Both your daughter and you are very nice looking. I always enjoyed my children. I still do, but they are raising their own families now and of course, not at home.

Thanks for posting your picture and tell your wife thanks for doing it. We all love your posts.

I have seen other mens photos here. Fibrofog is not helping me remember though.

Blessings..................Susan
  12. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Mrpain, thanks for starting this thread about men's pictures. My thread got so large that it kind of lost it's momentum. I did see your msg on my thread and I responded. I hope you saw my response.

I hope this will get more men to post their pictures.

I know some people are hesitant because of stalkers. I'm not concerned, but maybe I'm naive. I hope that if that ever becomes a problem here that someone will speak up and let us all know.

Have a great night,

Lolalee
  13. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Thanks for posting your picture.

I for one like seeing a face behind the name.

Thank you.

Sue

ps I have mine posted also.
  14. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You look like a movie star and his little girl in People Magazine.

I'd post one, but I don't know how. Don't you need some sort of special equipment like a digital camera?

These days I look like cartoon dog. Thanks goodness I have inner beauty.
  15. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Thanks to everyone! Each one of you have great pictures, but maybe we should take into consideration what 4everkid has written in her reply. I do enjoy seeing everyone's picture and knowing who we're sharing with but not at someone's expense.

This is a crazy world we live in and we do have to be extra careful. I think I'm going to sleep on this and see how I feel in the morning. I do care about everybody here so do what you thinks best for you. Take care everyone!
  16. JLH

JLH New Member

I don't think you are the only guy with a picture here -- I've seen 3 or 4 others, but can't remember their names until I see them!

You are a very handsome man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your daughter is also beautiful!!!!!

Glad to put your face with your name now!!!!

Hugs,
    Janet
  17. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello,

I have been wanting to post to you for a few days now but have been dealing with my leg so I have been a little preoccupied.

I DID see the funny post that you deleted and I don't know WHY you deleted it. I thought it was cute and it made me laugh! LOL

Thank your wife for all of us for posting a picture of you and your beautiful daughter!!!!!

You are so handsome! But I have to admit that I had an idea that you were a little older too and I don't know why. LOL But you are very handsome! Your wife must be very proud to show you off!!!

It took me a LONG time to post a picture of myself and I don't know if I will put one back up. I don't know...sometimes I do feel a little vulnerable being "out there" but also I get a little self conscious too.

LOL So for now you get to look at my nasty leg!

Okay I hope you are having a great night! I feel really horrible. All the antibiotics and steriods that have been and are being pumped in me are making me very sick.

(((HUGS)))

kate

18. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Thank you Janet....You got one out of two right. My daughter certainly is beautiful. But thank you though!
  19. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Wow, You certainly have had your hands full lately. I've been keeping watch on your thread to see if your doing alright. Hope the antibiotics knocks it out so you can start feeling better. You had a lot of us worried...
    Take care and get plenty of rest, and keep a close eye on that streak....
  20. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I agree with you about not wanting to Post your Pic!
    My Daughter is going to be 29 y.o. in two more weeks and
    I think I'd be uncomfortable knowing her picture was on a
    website no matter how careful she would be. Just too many
    weirdos out there. Don't place my pic on because so many
    people bug me for autographs as it is. I supposedly look
    like a dead ringer for a certain long time actor. Went to
    Dinner with my son for Father's (Dad's) Day and people at
    another table kept looking over and smiling at me! Thought
    I was "gonna half ta" duck out the back door again to avoid
    a scene!

Anyway, I love the pic of Your Kitty and showed it to my
    former "squeeze" when she was here and thought she was