Am now at 400mg a day doxy

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by maps1, Jun 9, 2009.

1. maps1

maps1 Member

Have been slowly increasing my doxy pending my appointment on July 13th. Just did not want to be hit by a brick when I get the full dose.

Have also added naturapathic supplements to help my digestive system and hopefully avoid candida problems (also taking probiotics)

Now have severe arthritas, unbeliavale headaches but digestive system improving. Headaches are like sinus but with lots of stapping pains.

Inability to keep lower body warm and restless body (not just legs) plus of course the sweats, sleeping has become very difficule. Have added 11/2 tylenol 1 which does seem to help with some of the pain, hoping tonight will be better sleep.

regards
    maps
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi maps,

Sounds like you are definitely herxing.

Sorry that you are feeling so bad.

I'm glad to hear that you have been able to increase your dose and that your digestive system is improving.

Those good probiotics are really helpful.

Hang in there the best that you can and take it one day at a time.

Keep looking to the future when you will feel better.

I will pray for you.

I'm not sure if you can take melatonin with your other meds, but if you can, the sublingual form has helped me sleep. I worked up to 15 mg sublingual melatonin at bedtime.

My bioidentical hormones have also helped....DHEA, progesterone, etc.

Keep us updated on how you are doing when ever you can.

take care,
    Nanie
  3. KimDC

KimDC New Member

Hi, maps. my dr. is a strong believer in supportive meds for herxing. I have Phenergan for nausea and vomiting, Ambien for sleep and Ultracet for joint pain. If I had severe headaches, my dr. would give me a med for that.

There's no need to suffer any more than we already have!!!

I've never heard of such a high dose of Doxy...you must really be killing that Lyme.

Hang in there and think about calling your dr. for some supportive meds.

Kim
  4. maps1

maps1 Member

Kim, have not had my appointment with llmd (july 13) so just surviving on a wing and a prayer. my last gp dumped me in november as i had all these tests and he was mad that i kept going to emergency.

tried since december to get signed up at the hospital family medicine center and just last week after going about eight times they told my that i was no longer a patient. it is totally insane so right now i just have my cfs doc and she does not do pain meds.

i so badly want to communicate with people but it is almost impossible to sit here for more than a few min and even then my head is pounding.

Dekrator; really really hoping this is herxing but don't know how to tell the difference. hope you are doing ok.

regards
    maps