Am sooo tired and hurt sooo bad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, Apr 29, 2006.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I guess that this is just having someone to talk to.

My hubby has prostate cancer and we go a 100 mi. round trip once a day, 5 days a week. Yesterday was day 23 and we go the full 45. I don't want him to go alone so I go too,

Today, Sats. are bad - he is so tired and droopy that he naps all day. OIur daughter just left Thur. after spending 9 days here. I love her dearly - she did so much - make ham and beans, make pickled beets, many other things. She decided i needed a new vacuum so mine went to the street. The next day after hubby finished, we went to Sears to get one, then into a wonderful clothing store for me to buy new clothes for Mother's day. last Sat., son, wife, granddaughter and boyfriend came to do outside work -- it looks so good. Daughter fixed supper. the next day all went to church and daughter-in-law fixed dinner. It sounds grewat!

But all of it just exhausted me!!!! We aren't used to all the commotion and I never relaxed. i am sooo tired I could cry.

last week I had a facet nerve block on lumbar 2, 3, 4, and 5. It was painful but-=--- it only blocdked pain for 3 days. i am now back to terrific back pain plus all the other pains. i just want peace and quiet!!! I know that is wrong but I need it so bad.

Today, Sat. hubby just sleeps. I did 4 loads of clothes. It took forever. I know that this doesn't sound in need of sympathy but I hurt------so bad.

My prayer every day is Lord, please give me strength to handle each day as it comes.

Am I wrong to be exhausted and tired and worn out and soi down??? i just need someone to talk to whether they sympathize or not.

I have been off the computer for several weeks because i didn't have the strength or energy to so it.

thanks for listening.

Love and Gentle Hugs to you, all of my friends.

Joan
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

"Am I wrong to be exhausted and tired and worn out and so down??? i just need someone to talk to whether they sympathize or not. "

It is not FAIR that you are exhausted, tired and worn out.

But life is NOT fair.

AND, it is NOT YOUR FAULT that you are exhausted, tired and worn out.

You have a lot going on now with your conditions and hubby's. It might be hard to see the blessings in your life. You (both) needed an extra hand and your family rose to the need. It's hard sometimes to ACCEPT help if you have been very independent in the past.

Your health, your husband's health, the commotion in your home, (albeit-somethings were getting down) are all stressors.

Of course you are overloaded.

And so, it goes. Be gentle with yourself.

Fondlly, June
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Joan:
    If I did that I would be tired out also. People mean well, but do not know our limitaitons. And it is so hard to tell them what they are when their intentions are so well placed.

Hopefully things will settle down soon and maybe you can find some time for yourself. We all need it.

Like you said it your last part of your post. Do you or don't you feel Ok being exhausted. You sure do!

nyrofan
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I don't think we have met but I can sympathize with you. Family functions and gatherings are wonderful but very tiresome. I love being around my family but always glad to get home to me, myself, and I and ALWAYS have to rest. I know the traveling can wear a person down. I did it for awhile. I read your profile and see that you have a GREAT family who cares deeply for you both. (The picture is so cute!) I had to quit the band playing myself and it hurts everyday. I keep thinking that one day, I'll be back.

As far as I'm concerned, VENT ON! Take care of yourself and your hubby!!!!!!

From someone in SC,
    BlueSky555
  5. srh

srh New Member

It's no wonder you are exhausted. Just the trips would wear you both out, and then having company.

I love having the kids and their families around, but it totally wears us both out.

Try to get some much needed rest. Relax with DH and take some down time.

I'm sorry you have so much on your shoulders right now.

Praying for you and yours.
  6. lease79

lease79 New Member

~*Gentle Hugs*~ Joan :)

I know what it's like having extra's & how tired it makes you. My husband organised for us to have an extra last week & then we ended up with more extra's & it was just SOOOOOO exhausting.

Hope that you are feeling better soon.

Lisa
  7. jole

jole Member

I totally understand, and it is never wrong to be exhausted, tired or down. We are human dealing with issues that try the strongest of us. I find it very depressing to have my children here helping us out when we need it.

Part of it is the fact that we as parents feel we should be helping our children, not vise versa. The other part is even though we "seem" to be taking it easy while they work, those darn little stresses and anxieties don't slow down any, and I always feel as though I have been working 100 mph by the time everyone leaves, even if I've done very little. The pain and fatigue after family has gone on home will leave me on the couch, even though I appreciate greatly all the help they give.

Plus the fact that you are dealing with the health issues of your husband and trying to put him first, has got to make the pain worse for you. You are a great role model for the rest of us, dear, and you can vent anytime!!!

Friends - Jole