amantadine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Mar 4, 2010.

1. street129

street129 New Member

any body ever used this for viruses amantadine.. i was put on this by a lyme dr., it is rising my
    ast and my alt, even thou its in range...it has also affected my urea nitrogen, and my bun/creatinine ratio, i have email the dr, but he hasnt responded to me... i am not feeling him too much...maybe im just to impatient, and im still not feeling any better

my lyme results show mostly IND's, he has not put me on antibiotics...and i really dont want to be on any...he talked about yeast, but i dont think he really knows how to handle yeast...anyone ever heard of a biamonte dr, that specialize in yeast, here in new york, and charge 240.00 for the first visit, , i am thinking about getting in touch with him...if i keep feeling drunk, and falling into walls.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/04/2010]
  2. munch1958

munch1958 Member

This site has one of the best explanations on how to do a food elimination diet. Many times it's a certain food that you are ingesting that causes that "drunk" feeling.

http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/eliminationdiets.html

Also, get your hormones tested. Low adrenal function contributes to candida and food allergy problems. My adrenal function was very low. I was not producing DHEA, and cortisol. After going on compounded hydrocortisone (bioidentical cortisol) my food allergies improved.

I also nebulize glutathione which helps with MCS. You may want to record where and when those "drunk" feelings happen to see if there is a pattern. Sometimes it's an environmental exposure too.

3. simonedb

simonedb Member

this med does have a good track record with cfs, I was thinking of trying it.
    How long have you been on it and can the dose be lowered?
    Have you noticed any positive effects?
  4. goneee

goneee New Member

I tried it, but my body didn't like it. It is one of the older anti virals. I am now on Valtrex and much better.

Munch is right about the adrenals. I didn't have a clue that was contributing to me being so sick until I started being treated for adrenal fatigue. After over a month, I am seeing some good changes.

Good luck and take care,

Sheila
    [This Message was Edited on 03/06/2010]
  5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i tried this but got MUCH worse on it...mostly worse neuro symptoms. i had to stop it. was it die off? who knows...