AMAZING DCA cheap effective cancer drug

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by woofmom, Feb 8, 2007.

1. woofmom

woofmom New Member

whyfiles.org/shorties/225cancer_drug
    [This Message was Edited on 02/08/2007]
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

This may also help us!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

Definitely worth looking into.

I used to know when my cells were using anaerobic respiration. That's when I couldn't move and could barely speak a word or two.

Important highlights:

"Dichloroacetate has been found to decrease lactate production in cells by stimulating the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex (PDC), a critical group of enzymes involved in energy metabolism.

The PDC serves as the vital enzyme involved in pyruvate oxidation, the step in aerobic respiration in which pyruvate is converted to acetyl-CoA. Pyruvate is a product of glycolysis, the first step in energy metabolism where sugar molecules from the carbohydrates we eat are transformed into pyruvate to be used for further processing in metabolism.

Each of the three enzymes that make up the PDC performs specific reactions that collectively transform pyruvate to acetyl-CoA. Acetyl-CoA is then transported into the mitochondria and enters the Kreb’s Cycle, a step in aerobic respiration. Once acetyl-CoA enters the Kreb’s Cycle, it undergoes various reactions that ultimately end in the production of large quantities of ATP. The PDC acts as a gatekeeper that facilitates and regulates the entry of pyruvate in to the Kreb’s Cycle.

Dichloroacetate therapy has been used to increase the efficiency of aerobic respiration. Researchers have reported that dichloroacetate stimulates the PDC by inhibiting the kinase that inactivates the PDC. Once the kinase is inhibited, the PDC continues to be activated and is able to perform its function of converting pyruvate to acetyl-CoA for use in aerobic respiration."

It's not all cut and dry, though, it also says:

However, a recent report on an ongoing trial of dicholoroacetate treatment in people with mitochondrial disorders has reported that some patients developed new pathological symptoms and some had worsening in the transmission of nerve impulses.

We should check this out.

karen