Amazing news: Loch Ness Monster discovered to be real

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kholmes, Apr 1, 2007.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

APRIL FOOL'S! (Can't believe you fell for it).

Actually, though, maybe PaulMack and Rosiebud, who live in Scotland, have actually seen Ol' Nessie.

Hope everyone is having a good day today.

[This Message was Edited on 04/01/2007]
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Bigfoot the last time we went camping in the Sierras. Really!!

He even toasted some marshmallows with us.

He smelled really bad tho, needed a shower.
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I was laughing out loud before I even read this, I actually forgot it was April 1st.

No, never seen the Lochness Monster but it's given good stories over the years and been great for tourism.

By the way Ken, I live 25 miles from Edinburgh and the same from Glasgow, right in the middle, (both beautiful cities, did you visit both?) only half hour in train but rarely get through there anymore. Keep missing the festival though I swear every year I'll get there, maybe this

Thanks for the laugh Ken.

4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I thought I remembered you saying you lived exactly halfway between Edinburgh and Glasgow. What was the name of your town again? Is April Fool's Day a tradition in the UK as well?

I was in Scotland in '87, on two short trips. I was spending the semester in London, studying literature and theater at the time.

Over one long weekend, I went to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and walked up and down the beautiful Royal Mile. I went up to St Andrews and visited the university, the ruins of the cathedral, and I walked the 17th and 18th holes at St. Andrews (wish I had gotten to play the course!).

On another weekend, I spent a little time in Glagow, and then took a bus up to the Isle of Skye, where I stayed for a weekend with cousins of a former teacher of mine in their house on the northwest part of the island. Lastly, I visited Loch Ness and Inverness, and then took the bus back to London.

My visits were way too short, but I fell in love with your beautiful country, just like the guy in the movie, Local Hero.

5. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Yep,the Loch Ness Monster is real,but I'll let you into a wee secret,She only appears to Scotsfolk,& you must have drunk a gallon of whisky before She appears?????????????
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

never been to Skye myself Ken, I remember my brothers going there camping when they were young and having to come home early because of the midgies, eaten alive they were.

Falkirk is where I live, was a market town in olden days.

St Andrews is amazing too with the buildings and its history.

Yes we celebrate April 1st here, we call it Huntygout (dont know why).

[This Message was Edited on 04/02/2007]
  7. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Ah, Falkirk, that was it. I'll have to check it out on Google Earth.

Luckily, I didn't get attacked by bugs--only sheep. But Skye was beautiful. From the house where I was staying, I hiked up with Colin, the boy who was living there, past the goats, chickens, and hungry sheep to the top of a 500-foot cliff overlooking the sea. We could also look south and see the dark Cuillins towering on the horizon. On the hike back, we stopped at several old crofts. It was glorious.

Huntygout? Not the prettiest name for an April day, is it? :)

[This Message was Edited on 04/02/2007]
  8. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

I also heard yesterday that Taco Bell bought the Liberty Bell, thus renaming it the "Taco Liberty Bell"----cute, eh? Didn't fall for it but it was funny!

All the best, Erika
  9. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

When i was in England, i never made it up north to visit Scotland, which i really regret. I already know i would have fallen in love with it.

Got my family good on april fools. I was sitting in the kitchen alone with the dish washer going. The seal keeps coming off or dishwasher, and if you don't check it each time, water leaks out on the floor.

Well, when i realized it was going i decided to play my prank. I started with "OH-No!" The dishwasher is flooding the kitchen. Please help me clean it up it's really bad. When my family came running to inspect the floor they all looked at me very funny!!

Then i started to laugh! April fools!

They don't expect that kinda stuff from mom! Hilarious to see there faces!
  10. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Was this for the Scotts then? I had to look at my calendar here!!!

Well we used to live in Forres Rosie. Loved it.

Love Annie and tx Ken you got that one good!!!
  12. kholmes

kholmes New Member

thanks for bumping, ReadmadScientist.

I had forgotten I posted this a year ago!

13. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

FEll OVER! I think that is what S-elaine reported on her road trip. Cheers, mr Bill

April's Fools can be a frustrating holiday for me......I have all these ideas during year and can't seem to remember any of them when April 1st shows up. lol
    [This Message was Edited on 04/01/2008]
  14. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

into the Twilight Zone for a minute. Two pranksters at work: Ken and RealMad.

I know the date is 3/31 because Georgiac commented on the California holiday, Cesar Chavez' birthday.

Did you all see the news a few years back? It was admitted that the famous 1930s photo of Nessie w/ the concentric circles around it was a hoax.

Shucks. First the Cardiff Giant, then the Piltdown man, the shroud of Turin, and now Nessie. Can't rely on nuthin' no more.

15. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

I was not as fooled by your joke as I was freaked out by the fact that you posted it on April 1st. Worse, the replies were on April 2nd. I KNOW yesterday was my sons birthday, March 30, and today is his cousins, the 31st.

I checked my computer clock.
    I checked the calendar.
    Yep, it's Monday, I just watched Medium.....

For about 30 seconds there, you had me thinking I had lost 2 entire days!!!! WHAT THE.... then as I scrolled down, I came to later replies on the 31st of March. Only then, did I figure out what was going on when I looked at the YEAR of the previous posts.

So indirectly and belatedly, you got me good!

RealMad, I blame YOU for this!

[This Message was Edited on 03/31/2008]
  16. ckball

ckball New Member

I was like I know today is the 31st and went and looked at other posts then it hit me it was 2007. Good one guys-Carla
  17. springwater

springwater Active Member

Aaargh! I fell for it. I guess i was hoping for some excitement.

Never mind, maybe they'll spot the Yeti one of these days not far from where I live.

One lives in hope.

God Bless
  18. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

It's 5:30 am, I'm barely awake! This post freaked me out!! Posted on 4/1 replies on 4/2 then more replies on 3/31!!! Then I read the rest of the posts and realized what was going on here!!

Very clever!

19. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I actually remembered this thread from last year.....I posted about bigfoot.

I'm waiting for my dh to nail me w some ridiculous story...which I sometimes fall for. I can never think of anything good tho.
  20. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

There it is!