Ambien Cr after eating

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by PAKaye, Aug 22, 2012.

1. PAKaye

PAKaye New Member

I had dinner at 9:00, then took an ambien cr at 9:30, planning to go to bed. I went online and saw that eating effects how long it takes to kick in, but none of them said how long it would be. I had an average size dinner, didn't stuff myself. So with food in my stomach, how long until I should expect it to kick in?
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I don't take Ambien CR and many years ago tried Ambien for a short time.

Pursuant to the partial prescribing info from the company (link below), it appears that eating food may slow the effect of Ambien CR, but does not state by how much time. Here is what the insert does states:

"2.4 Administration

Ambien CR extended-release tablets should be swallowed whole, and not be divided, crushed, or chewed. The effect of Ambien CR may be slowed by ingestion with or immediately after a meal."

http://products.sanofi.us/ambien_cr/ambienCR.html
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Ambien is nothing like Melatonin. 3 hours is way too long to wait to go to bed for Ambien. Doctors say to many patients to take Ambien and get in bed right away because it impacts each person differently: some people very quickly, makes others sleepy at 30 minutes, and other people may feel groggy at 30 minutes and asleep at 1 hour.