Ambien CR Questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Dec 10, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I would like to hear from those taking Ambien CR and your opinion. I seem to need to add an additional 5 mg of Ambien with the CR to get to sleep.

Then, the next day I am sleepy for several hours.

Has anyone had nightmares? Or stomach problems?

Thanks
  2. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

I take it nightly.. sometimes it doesn't work but for the most part I can take it and be asleep within a couple of hours. I stay asleep once I get there, unlike with regular ambien I was awake in 2 hours after falling asleep.
    I dont recall stomach problems... but yea.. sometimes esp at first I was very sleepy the next day and not awake til well after lunchtime. That has worn off though.

I hate tolerance, I was on ambien 10 for several mths then onto CR.. now CR isnt quite doing the job. I have taken a klonipin before with it, about an hr after I take it to help it kick in.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/12/2006]
  3. cycling

cycling New Member

I started taking Ambien CR in the late summer. Too drowy to get ready for work the next day. In Sept I started taking ambien 10mg It has been working very good. Feel good when I wake up the next day. It feels so good to fall asleep when I lay down. I actually look forward to going to bed. No stomach problems or after effects.

Good luck, Cycling
  4. rinaldo

rinaldo New Member

hI iM TAKING AMBIEN CR AND 1/2 OF A KLONOPIN AND 20MG OF CELEXA TOGETHER IT SEEM TO BE WORKING.
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Thank you everyone. I guess I do better with Ambien that anything. Nothing is perfect.

I am so tired of having stomach/digestive problems but I am pretty sure it is another drug I take (mild opiate) that is causing the problem.

It is always something!!!!
  6. mshonda400ex

mshonda400ex New Member

I took Ambien and had horrible side effects. I can't believe no one else has above. I would hallucinate, sleepwalk (which I have never done) and sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and no even be able to get myslef to the bathroom because I was so intoxicated. After I had these effects and also had my mother tell me the same experiences I quit taking and the doctor put me on Lunesta. So far so good. I have been taking for a year now. I havent had to up the milligrams or had any side effects. Hope this helps!