Ambien CR tolerance?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by soresue, Oct 15, 2006.

1. soresue

soresue New Member

Has anyone who has been taking Ambien CR for an extended period noticed they have developed a tolerance for it? Any weird, half-in, half-out of sleep almost hallucinatory dreams? I'd like to stop taking it but am afraid I won't sleep at all. Any menopausal sleep success?
  2. misskoji

misskoji Member

I do believe I'm getting resistant to Ambien CR. I've been on it for about only 4 months now. I get scary sleep symptoms on this now, I smoke in my sleep, drink, who knows if I get up and walk! Yes, frequent wakes in the night, and the dreams are very lucid.

I am considering Zyrem, but for one am scared of being out of control and for another will hopefully be starting a surrogacy soon. Perhaps it would be an option for you.

I'm on 12.5 mg I believe, I don't know if the dosage can be higher. Anyway, just sayin I can relate and I sure hope you can get some good rest soon!

Hugs
    Deanna
  3. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Been on CR since March 06 and on regular Ambien for over 4 years. If I try to read a book or watch TV before falling asleep I could swear someone moved my bookmark and I never saw the TIVO'd show.

Lately, I think I've been Ambien eating my husband cereal. It's pure drug induced craziness because I won't eat cereal because of gluten intolerance. I can't quit the Ambien so
    I'm going to have to lock up the wheat and lock myself in the bedroom.
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I am taking Ambien CR and so far, no tolerance. I also had menopausal sleep problems and I believe bio identical hormone creams helped me also.

They say hormone imbalances can cause sleep problems.
  5. soresue

soresue New Member

I just recently heard that bio identical hormone creams can be effective enough to wean off the Ambien CR. Am going to investigate them, thanks!

The "amnesiac" pre-sleep episodes are also frightening, as is sleeping through my child's voice calling out. I want to be asleep, not in a coma!