ambien - great medication w a few glitches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bigmama2, Jun 19, 2010.

1. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

ive had severe insomnia on and off for the last 25 years. it can really devastate your life.

ambien is like a godsend for me. been on it for YEARS. very helpful!!!! I love it. I also take a natural sleep aid that contains melatonin, l-theanine, and 5htp. it helps me a bit.

but occasionaly i have a bad side effect from ambien. it is pretty well known that this can happen occasionally to some people who use ambien. sometimes- if you take it, but still cant fall asleep yet- you are in a strange sort of drunk like state. you may do odd things, or not so odd things untill you fall asleep, and then not really remember it in the morning.

like last nite- i took my medication and still couldnt sleep. i got up and did stuff around the house and them went to bed. soooo, i wake up this morning, go to the bathroom, and look in the mirror and see that my curly hair has turned stick straight!!!!!! WHAAAAT??!!! what the..?! then i remembered that last night when i couldnt sleep- i used a hot straightening iron on my hair. how bizarre.

actually my hair looks pretty good!

just wanted to share this experience w ambien.

2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

That is really pretty funny : ) I'm glad that it helps you overall, though.

Ambien made me do stuff and mostly not remember it......found out bc what I thought was a conversation in a dream turned out to be a real phone call that alarmed someone who thought I was drunk or on something (guess that was actually kinda true - I was on something - the something being Ambien)....also woke up with melted candle wax all over me (no idea what exactly happened that time)....and had some other weird/bad experiences on it

for me, it made me more tired over time, too....and it really messed with my memory, word retrieval, & balance (with disastrous, painful, ER necessitating results)....had some other bad effects for me, too
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I wish I would wake up and my house was clean!!

At least you were not eating.

I guess it is kind of like sleepwalking. Some people have even driven their cars.

Seriously, this can be a worrisome side effect.

Show off the new hairdo, LOL!!