Ambien long-term?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KimDC, Sep 6, 2005.

1. KimDC

KimDC New Member

Hi. I'm new to this site, but not new to CFS (5th year). I'm wondering if any of you have used Ambien for several months and what has been your experience with it? It has helped me wake refreshed in the a.m., but I'm scared by all the warnings against long-term use. I've been using 5 mg per night for about 4 months now. Any information is helpful. Thanks!
  2. qnjamie

qnjamie New Member

I used it breifly and my dr was hessitant to subscribe but he is very reserved and doesn't give me any narcotics either
  3. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

hi Kim:

I have used Ambien for at least 10 years now. My Rheumatologist felt no need to ever stop taking it even though some say it's for short term. My family doc now is very comfortable with my using it this long too. I have used 10 mg the whole time.

M J
  4. zreenie

zreenie New Member

I have taken 10 mg Ambien for about a year now. It does not and never has any side affects nor does it leave me groggy in the morning. However, I have become almost immune in the last couple of months. My doctor talks as though if it doesnt work, nothing will. Also it is ver addictive, to me at least. If I try not to take it I have something almost like a panic attack when I doze off. I wish I had started with a smaller dosage and only used it when absolutly neccessary. Hindsights 20/20! Please, use it sparingly so it continues to work and maybe you wont become addicted. When I started taking it I would have done anything for a good nights sleep. I was diagnosed in 96 and hadnt slept good for a long time. Hopefully, I can try something else. Any suggestions?