Ambrotose and Resveratrol /anyone use these

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I am guessing that I should be posting this on the CFS or FM board but thought I would try here first.

A guy at the work out room was talking to another lady about supplements and such this morning and then somehow I got into the conversation. He mentioned that he had been taking it and also I think he said his mom but not sure had all or many of the maladies that I have and that after taking it, it has helped her so much. I think he may also be selling the stuff but I am not sure. I only spoke to him for perhaps 5 minutes. DH was ready to go home and it was pouring out.

I mentioned to the man that I had FM, osteoporosis, hi b/p and I forgot whatelse and he mentioned that his mother (I think) was the one who was helped greatly by it.)

We also spoke briefly about Resveratrol which I have heard a lot about. I know both are not cheap but the Ambrotose is REALLY expensive.

I know, esp if this guy was selling it we need to be really careful but wanted to know if anyone has used it and how it worked for anyone. I know you can get it on line. I just looked it up and it sounded very interesting. Curious also if there were any side effects. Couldn't find any or many on line.

It is or was supposed to be good for CFS, Lupus, MS, and other autoimmune diseases or was said to be, in some of the information given. Some also were not that recent - like 2006-2009.

The closest thing I take to Resverotrol is the grape seed extract - not that expensive. The Resveratrol is supposed to be very healing and contains the helping properties found in the grape skins.

I may have to move this over to the CFS and FM boards ( if I knew how to do that ) :) !!

Hope to hear from someone who know more about it.

Thanks alot.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/26/2010]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I know people who have found ambrotose to be really helpful, tho yes, it's quite expensive. These people are not those who sell it, either. But like everything else, it doesn't help everyone.

(I tried pycnogenal years ago and got a very weird reaction to it, as did my DH; yet it's widely viewed as helpful for many. )

Sometimes it takes a MLM co to get something on the market, tho I also don't like them in general.

all the best,
  3. Granniluvsu

for all your comments etc. on the Ambrotose . Like everything, if it is that expensive I will most likely not be taking it. However, one of these years if it ever gets to the point of being alot cheaper I may try it :) ! I will just keep my eye on it.

Gee, it surely would be nice to be rich :) !!

Actually I have heard alot about Resveratrol, even years ago in a newletter I used to get.

Jam -I was wondering the same thing myself, if we took more daily of the GSE, would or could it be as helpful as the Resveratrol ?? BTW, I take two 100 mg. caps daily. They are moderately priced I think but do get it at a pretty good price elsewhere. I give the same thing to my DH although he is pretty healthy at this point. He only has very moderate hi b/p. His cholesterol was borderline and the GSE has seemed to help. It might also be helping my b/p and cholesterol level which has always been pretty good anyway.

I just wish I could find something I could take (natural) that would help my high b/p. The diruretics I am on keep on making me want to go to the bathroom all the time.
    YIKES !! Seems Like I am always looking for a potty ! What a pain !

Getting off the subject again but thanks a lot ladies ! Just curious if anyone had heard anything about either of these supps. esp the Ambrotose.

4. Granniluvsu

thanks Jam and Lin for your info.

Jam - what is you b/p normally and are you on any actual meds. Mine is pretty hi if I am not on anything. Have been on meds for years. Started when I started this crud !

Linda - No my new pcp just changed my b/p meds when I first wnet to see her as the Hyzaar and Tarka were so expensive. So she split it to Diovan and lisinopril and verapamil. It is doing well but have to keep going to the bathroom. Also, would like to take something safer for my body. Have been trying to find stuff but am not sure if the stuff I have found on line.

I am open for any safe but not to expensive suggestions :) !

I am on some pretty strong meds so I can't just go off.

Bye for now.

5. Granniluvsu

Thanks for the info on Glyco Essentials. It was very interesting !! I will check into that.

Lin and Jam -Thanks for all the info incl. the natural supps. for high b/p. I will check into it. My b/p used to be so high without anything so I am sure it will be tricky trying to get off the actual meds. However, maybe I can cut the number of meds down while taking something safer.

I have to go to the doc. soon again to get my b/p meds renewed so will try and remember to ask her about what she thinks. I think she is OK with supplements if they work. I have only been to see her a couple of times since my old (PCP) doc. moved .

Have to go get dressed now and start my crazy day.

6. Granniluvsu

but what amount is a good amount to be taking for b/p problems? Some are in my special bviatmins but would like to know if I should be taking any more.

Thanks !

7. Granniluvsu

Sorry I have to run right now. Need to check out what I do have already been taking. Bye for now.