American Idol fans

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowergirl, Mar 2, 2006.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

I missed the girls but caught the guys last night. I still like Elliot and Chris Daughtery the best. And Ace, what a package!

I watch all of them and think.....as time goes on and they're toward the end, what type of makeovers will be done on these guys. Just look what was done to Clay Aiken.
  2. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

He did such an excellent job ! Wow ! Ace is cute but he didn't do that well I thought singing wise last night. Hopefully he gets it together again next week.
  3. vp

vp New Member

I have to agree, Chris rocks!!!!!!
    I like Elliot and Ace too, although I didn't think Ace did as well as he should have last night. I didn't think Taylor did very well either, but I hope he is around for a while. He is also very talented and I love his energy and personality.

Those are my three favorites so far.

I didn't catch the girls performances.
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I have to admit that Elliott comes from Richmond, VA, and I'm in Chester, VA. So I'm about 20 miles south of Richmond.

On the girls I voted for Lisa and Katherine. Last night I only voted for Elliott. He really needs a makeover badly, lol, but I think he really sings great.

Had a hard time getting in for Elliott last night too. Elliott needs to grow his hair longer and in a different style. A lot of the guys need a hair makeover, I think.

I think Ace is handsome, but I think Elliott is a better singer.

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. AuntieV

AuntieV Member

Thought Chris was the best!!!Had to vote for Bucky Covington
    lives about 3 miles away from me. His dad's car repair shop
    is where I have taken my car to be repaired. Went to church
    with his grandparents....Really Great Family....Bucky is
    a really great guy....What you see is what he is.

Chris---Bucky---????my NC Idols!!!!!!!!!
  6. sunflowergirl

He sings really good but desperately needs a makeover, like Elliott. However, if they both got it there would be a big difference in both of them.

I'm 6l and not into rock music but I think there is great talent in Chris and he's quite good looking too......except for his lack of hair.
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

to it. I remember hearing that a man has to have alot of confidence to go bald, it's a bold statement. but he's sexiest w/ that cowboy hat on.

Chris was tops for me too, Ace sucked this week, and Taylor didn't do so hot either, his performance seemed a bit laboured. but Chris and Taylor are my top 2 and I'm sure they'll take turns burning the house down.

jeanne
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

Don't ya think?

Dave and Sway~ Your outta here!!!
    and Brenna NEEDED to go. :)
    No so sure heather cox should have gone quite yet.?
    at any rate,...
    Its getting good now!

Agree: Chris brought it this week!
    he's extremely talented. (cute smile too)

9. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Personally i think the little young guy. was worse than Sway or the other guy but those two wern't much better so their leaving was no great loss.

Chris Rocks! Tailor was disappointing but I'm glad he stayed. I love Elliots voice but he doesn't hgave much Charisma it will be interesting to watch him evolve and see how he does. Sorry but Bucky seems nice but he doesn't sing in tune and he's not all that great. I think if he doesn't really bring it he will be gone next week.

So long Brenna and Heather! I love Mandalissa voice and thnk she is beautiful the way she is. I also like Katherine and Ayla. Paris and Lisa are very talented but they need to find their niches quick and make good song choices. of the two I think PAris may have the better voice but Lisa has the better chance to be a teen queen ala Hillary Duff.

Interesting season L
  10. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I think the choices were perfect last night. Brenna stood around posing all the time. Confidence is one thing, but she was way over the top, and her voice was just average. I wanted her to go.

I love the big girl, Mandissa ( or however it's spelled). I don't know what she should wear, but the jeans and sleevless top were not it. Surely there is some kind of wardrobe expert around there!! Anyway, I wouldn't mind it if whe won.

It's getting down to the part I like now. I get kind of tired of all the weeks of showing us the bad singers. That was cute the first several years, but now it's old hat.

I want to see the talent and vote!!

Kinsie
  11. sunflowergirl

I hate attitude and that girl!!! Unbelivable.

I also like the big black lady, Mandissa. Hope she stays to the end. Her voice is far and beyond the others.
  12. lmmillion

lmmillion New Member

Ok, aside from the fact that I find him to be extremely good-looking(love the bald look on certain men), he can really sing well. I like Taylor, because he's different, but think he needs to punch his performance up a bit next time. I like Elliot and hope he sticks around. He may not have that certain "look", but he's cute in his own way and he has a great voice. As far as the women- Mandissa is totally talented. I would not recommend that she go sleeveless again, as that was not a good look for her. However, she is a beautiful plus-sized gal and I'm all for someone like her representing both beauty and talent in a unique way. I also like the singing of Ayla. She's a little reserved to imagine as a performing artist, but I think she is talented.

Now, as far as eliminations- I guessed correctly for the women this round. For the guys, I think that technically, Sway was a better singer than Kevin and maybe should have stayed another round. Little Kevin is sweet and innocent and all that, but he is just ok as a singer, in my opinion. Nonetheless, I always have a little soft spot for the underdog, and I see Kevin as just that. I feel that he'll probably only last another round though. I give him credit for making it through and representing the "good kids" of America! He seems so wholesome!
  13. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Does anyone else think it was kinda mean to compare Kevin to chicken little? It was funny but.... I kinda felt sorry for him. Lynn
  14. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I wasn`t surprised with who went home at all. Sway is a better singer then Kevin, but he just doesn`t seem as likeable. I thought the chicken little thing was totally mean to do to poor kevin. First they tell him he`s the next sex symbol and then pull that chicken little picture out. He looked embarressed. Anyway, he`s a nice kid but not that great a singer.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/04/2006]
  15. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Sometime they tell the singers to get out of their comfort zone and take a risk and when they do they are critisized for that. They have to pick their own songs the producers on the show don't help. They have to pick them quick as they only have a week to prep them and be perfect complete with coreography.

I liked what Mandalisa did. She took A country song and made it her own. Also a song you don't hear all the time. Like when Bo sang acapella last year. Something you sng well but make it different.

looking forward to next week as the talent is pretty good this year! Lynn