American Idol power rankings

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4everkid, Mar 31, 2008.

1. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

These are the rakings according to polled TvGuide readers, NOT the actual votes. The following is copied and pasted from the tvguide website:

This could become like a ping-pong match, folks. The lead in's Idol Power Rankings changed again this week, as Davids Cook and Archuleta traded places. Fueled by his show-stopping delivery of "Billie Jean," Cook commanded 48.1 percent of our readers' votes, while Archuleta slid back to a mere 18.7 percent. But has a third horse entered this race? Making significant strides this week was Michael Johns, who at No. 3 hit his highest spot in a month.

Among the ladies, it's **BAU, with Brooke and Carly at Nos. 4 and 5, and KLC, Ramiele and Syesha occupying the bottom three spaces.

Top 9 Idol Power Rankings

48.1% David Cook
    18.7% David Archuleta
    11.1% Michael Johns
    9.2% Brooke White
    6.1% Carly Smithson
    4.2% Jason Castro (his lowest ranking to date)
    1.1% Kristy Lee Cook
    0.8% Ramiele Malubay
    0.6% Syesha Mercado

**I had to google BAU. It stands for business as usual.

2. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I love trivia like this and don't have a clue how to find it about American Idol..My favorite show!
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I loved the song that Michael sang and thought he did it well. He is so good looking he could land a film star job ditto for Kristy. David reminds me of David Cassidy of years ago, but has a far better voice.

David Cooke is really brilliant but one wonders if he is most comfortable as a lead singer as he fits that bill so well and clearly loves his guitar.

They are all so talented, but I wonder if Brooke is a little anorexic as she looks very drawn. She seems to have lost a lot of weight since this started out.

This is the first year I ever watched any of this regularly, and have become quite intrigued, but wish Chekezi had stayed in last week as I think he has a good voice and is so decent.

Well I guess tonight will show. Being older, I am of the thought that not all singers should have to "belt out" songs to be "good" it is nice to get a crooner now and then for sure.

Love Annie and thanks for doing this.