American Idol Preview song choices

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4everkid, Apr 29, 2008.

1. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Tonight is Neil Diamond night on Idol. I did some snooping around and found the songs each contestant chose for the evening. They each do 2 songs:

(edited to add...this info is WRONG! Scroll down to Kjades post for the correct song list.)

Jason - Sweet Caroline & Cracklin' Rosie
    Brooke - You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling & Song Sung Blue
    Syesha - You Don’t Bring Me Flowers & God Only Knows
    David C - Beautiful Noise & Play Me
    David A - He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother & Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show

I saw Neil in concert once, long, long ago. Something that stuck with me was how even Neil himself had trouble hitting the low notes in one of his own songs - Sweet Caroline. So good luck Jason!

In case you are reading this Jason, (because we all know Jason hangs out HERE on his down time) it's the first line of the song....the word "strong":

"Where it began, I can't begin to know when
    But then I know it's growing STRONG" <<<<< right there!!! Go deep!

Mr. Diamond has an incredibly low voice, so maybe they will adjust the key to make it possible for these guys to sing them. But he does have a lot of great songs to pick from.

Sorry Laura (lgp) I couldn't wait. I jumped the gun. Please go ahead and post your weekly Idol thread as usual. This one is just a preview for anyone else who is anxious to find out what they are singing tonight.

Laura's thread is for the after show discussion.

[This Message was Edited on 04/29/2008]
  2. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Hey!! Just checking in and I saw your post.

My local newspaper has 2 guys that make comparitive predictions of the bottom two every week. I was shocked to read this morning that one believes David A. will be one of the bottom two along with Syesha! He claims "David A. won't sparkle with Diamond's songs and by now his complacent fans won't bother to vote, putting him in danger for the first time this season."

The other guy predicts the bottom two will be Syesha and Jason. I can't believe neither of them placed Brook in the bottom two. I really can't put a handle on this season!! Go figure!!

Anyway, will post later!!!

3. kjade

kjade New Member

Laura - I have been reading that a lot about David A too - I have become completely addicted to the AI forums, and the David A fans seem to be losing steam, so who knows anymore?

I just hope my Jason shines tonight. He was very sick last week, and had a bit of an off night (although the studio version of Memory is to die for, IMO of course) - and they ripped him apart. Plus I have been dealing with a lot of crap from people everywhere just b/c I like Jason.

No matter.....I will be voting until my fingers bleed tonight!!! Let me see if TMZ has posted the spoilers yet - I know theirs are always right. 4everkid, I did see the ones you posted this am....let's see if they are correct.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Boy I was hoping HE (Jason) would be doing "You don't bring me flowers" or "Play me" - the ones he has are sort of loudish and not his style.

I would think that sweet face singing "You Don't" would have worked so well.

I am certain Brooke will have to do Song Sung Blue

David A would prob. sound good "He's my brother"

Davis C I would have liked him doing You've Lost more than the ones he has.

Syesha well God Only Knows I guess

I love Neil Diamond-he sung the duet "Play Me" with Shirley Bassey once and it was so well done, I was expecting them to start a romance right there on stage!!!

Well tonight will tell.

5. kjade

kjade New Member

Here is what they have:

Brooke: "I am I Said" & "I'm a Believer"

Jason: "Forever in Blue Jeans" & "September Morn"

David A: "Sweet Caroline" & "America"

Syesha: "Thank the Lord for the Night Time" & "Hello Again"

David C: "I'm Alive" & "All I Really Need is You"
  6. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Well obviously I got bogus information. Funny, but that fear crossed my mind while I was posting this thread. I should have listened. Thanks Kjade for posting the correct info!