American inventors, i'd like to invent pants that heat vibrate

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by saphire27, Mar 25, 2006.

1. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

What would you invent, it would be definatly be something to help our pains.

It would be pajama pants that inside heat up, and also vibrate & pulse pionts in many areas. SInce my legs get heavy like others do, it would definatley have to be lightweight, no point in doing that if it's heavy.

what do yall think?
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Smartie-pants:

a chair that automatically flips out upon bending legs towars sitting position. Of course they are part of a pant.

Good when in the park with the kids, and the sudden fatigue kicks in. Or howabout long lines at Walmart?
  3. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

yes, thats funny, good one
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I'd like to see a device that objectively measures pain. Then doctors could manage our pain better and not think that we are addicts or making it up.

In MRI's, if you're in pain, a specific area of the brain lights up, to a greater or lesser degree, depending how much pain you are experiencing. So there is already one quantifiable technology to know if a person is in pain.

We need there to be a cheap, quick, easy-to-use device like this in every doctor's office to measure pain. Just like they have tongue depressors in there, a stethescope to listen to your heart, a blood pressure cuff, there should be a kind of pain-o-meter too.

And there should be a portable one to wear as well, so you can have a "pain study" done over the course of a day or two.

Hospitals could have these. Hospital patients can wear one after surgery or something. It could be computerised to release painkiller into the bloodstream automatically to keep pain levels inside the 'optimal range'. It would take stress off the patients and the nurses.

I think this invention would really improve our treatment. Maybe there is something like it already, and it just needs to be tweaked so that every doctor and patient can use one.
    ((to better care))
  5. Dolphin82

Dolphin82 New Member

I think this is a grate idea and their should be one in every docs surgery and u should be able to buy small ones to put in your handbag too.I would definatly use one.

Really need one.

Dolphin82.
  6. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

That was my first thought when I saw your title.
    I would love the pain-o-meter!
    How about a cloud-like "quote holder" coming out or our heads that says "I may look OK, but I feel like crap"
  7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Believe it or not, I read an article about a newly developed (and very expensive) fabric that is being market-tested for people with FMS and arthritis because it gives off a soothing heat. I wish I could source the article for you but my mind is a wasteland these days.

As for my own invention - it would surely be an anti-gravity machine. Imagine me floating and bouncing around like I'm in space. I'd barely have to use my old and pain-filled muscles and it could be fun :)

God bless,
    Anne Theresa