Aminoacids

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acuario, Apr 8, 2007.

1. acuario

acuario New Member

hi, am thinking about taking aminoacids for my depression, brain fog, and all my symptoms.

Does anyone know what aminoacids to take? or is a combination of all? What brand is better?

thank you.

acuario
  2. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

I took amino acids for a number of years for my cfs/fm.

I had some urine and blood tests first to determine which ones I needed and then a compounding chemist made up a formula based on my test results. (Australia)

I do not know if they did me any good. However, I think you might get a better result if there was some way you could be tested first to see what ones you are lacking. They can be expensive and should, in my opinion, be tailored to suit your individual needs. Why pay for some acids you already have sufficient of?
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

Hi, look at my post "neurotransmitter precursors, conquer depression and brain fog". Almost all of the substances mentioned are amino acids. I take them all but I started with low doses of all of them and worked up to the doses I listed at the bottom. The brands I like are those at vitacost; Source Naturals and NSI are my favorites.

best wishes,

karen