Amoryn - Rhodiola rosea, 5htp & Hyperforin (st johns) OPINIONS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Wolverine, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has tried this suppliment called Amoryn. There is a website on it that explains everything, which u could find in google, but heres a bit of what it says:

---------------------------------------------------------
    AMORYN chases your blues away by combining the wisdom of nature with the power of science. The main ingredient in AMORYN, hyperforin, is clinically proven to relieve both mild and severe depression and anxiety. By boosting the brain's natural capacity for happinessTM, AMORYN restores emotional vitality to your life without expensive prescriptions or nasty side effects.

The AMORYN formula has been scientifically designed to put a spring in your step and a smile on your face. After taking AMORYN for six weeks, 90% of people with depression and 88% with anxiety report positive results. We encourage you to review the scientific research discussing the benefits of the AMORYN formula. You can also read testimonials from real people who have experienced real results with AMORYN.

AMORYN works by increasing the levels of all four of the brain's "feel good" neurotransmitters. By providing an all-natural boost to serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, and GABA, the ingredients in AMORYN can help you feel happy, calm, and confident.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Thats just a little of what i copied, the site has more info including clinical results, comparisons to prozac and other drugs / supps. etc. Very interesting.

Im wanting to try it myself, but am wondering if anyone else has yet? It seems it could be great. Let me know. Thanks.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/21/2006]
  2. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Anyone..? opinions?
  3. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Aaaanyone..?
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

I've never used Amoryn, but I use a couple other products to boost those neurotransmitters.

L-Tryptophan, is an ESSENTIAL amino acid, your body uses to make Seratonin. It also needs B-vitamins, especially B-6, so take B-6 WITH the L-Tryptophan. Helps with sleep, depression, anxiety, mood, food cravings, pain.

DL-Phenylalanine, is both the D and L forms of Phenylalanine, which your body uses to make Dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine. Also, converts to tyrosine, which your body needs to make Thyroid hormones. DL-Phenylalanine, by the way is my only pain medicaiton.

GABA. I use a product called Rest & Restore, from FFC, which has GABA as its primary ingredient. When I am out of this, I will take plain GABA from Vitamin World.

Correcting these key neurotransmitters are a HUGE key to feeling/functioning better. If Amoryn does, what my regimen does, then you should see some improvement.
  5. Catseye

Catseye Member

I wasn't depressed but I couldn't read but a few minutes at a time, sometimes not at all. It would make me feel like I had been active and really sick to my stomach. I knew I had a neurotransmitter problem. It took awhile but I found some other precursors for neurotransmitters and within about 2 weeks of taking them, I can read as much as I want.

trimethyglycine (also reduces homocyteine, has been really helpful) 750 mg 2x day

phosphatidyl choline 385 mg pill 2x day

phosphatidyl serine (if taken in large amounts for long time can reduce cortisol)
    I actually haven't been taking this everyday because the others seem to be working

acetyl l carnitine (helps with everything) 500 mg 2x day

good luck!
    karen
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

I've used all those you listed too:) except the TMG. Will read up on it. Thanks. Amaino acids are really where it's at, don't you think?
  7. Catseye

Catseye Member

I can't live without my aminos! The first supplement I took that helped tremendously was NAC. Now I take Titelbaum's Daily Energy Infusion and whey protein concentrate gigantic horsepills. I take about 20 other things, too. I think that since the aminos work so well, it means my liver isn't making the nonessential ones like it's supposed to. Trimethlyglycine (TMG) is an amino, too. I think we've all eaten bad for so long, we can't detox our bodies properly and then we get malnourished because we can't absorb nutrients very well from food and then nothing works right after that. karen
  8. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

Well I previously posted that I started taking this and I can tell you that I am on day 9 and I have not felt this good in years. I was a my wits end with pain and fatigue.

I have energy like I haven't had in years and the funny thing that I am starting to notice is my pain has decreased tremendously. I don't know if it is because of this suppliment or if I am going into a remission but it is fabulous...I just hope it continues.

Another great thing about this supplement is it is cheap...the bottle only cost me 8.00 at Whole Foods Market.

I recommend you try it!

Hugs,
    Karen
  9. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Elliespad -- how much B6 do you take w/ your l-tryptophan? I take 1000 mg L-tryptophan but I just bought B6 to add on.???

Hawkeye -- what brand of Rhodiola did you buy?

Thanks, Scapper
  10. elliespad

elliespad Member

Just answered on the other post. Either 25 mg or 50 mg of B-6 with the L-Tryptophan, whichever I have at the time. I take my B-Complex earlier.