Ampligen and poll and kutapressin!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilladybug, Sep 24, 2002.

1. lilladybug

lilladybug New Member

I heard this through the grapevine........
    From my understanding this is the last "year" and Ampligen will be discontinued until the FDA makes a ruling as to their decision. They will do so in the summer of 2003.

I myself, hope for its approval.

Does it work....alot of controversy.

In the beginning there were alot of botched "infusions" and unhappy people who only received saline (doulble blind studies for the FDA). The infusions must be mixed together from a FROZEN sample, tailor made from Hemispherix 15 - 20 minutes after you arrive....hence the expense. Doctors were also said to mess with the makers and said to claim false results and ascew the test results.

There is also a huge lawsuit against HEM labs and people stand to make billions in stocks and other monies IF.....the drug is approved.

I have 2 friends who are currently taking it.....both have improved tremendously.
    Mentally the most and secondly, they have regained a slow but steady pace of returned exercise. A new look on life as they both have said to me!

Why don't I do it? I think the body has the ability to straighten itself out and am new to this DD, for 1 year. I eat healthy and do the "baby ampligen" Kutapressin ....2 mg sub q a day.
    It works very well for me and I was bedridden. Not anymore!
    I cannot run or jog LOL but suffer alot from being tired after pushing etc. Am steadily climbing upwards. I am 34 and single and only suffer from CFIDS. LOTS of viruses. No fibro but I know how those who do, you suffer ....best friend does...it makes me cry. Soft hugs to you.
    They say that ampligen is more for CFS, CFIDS, and not fibro.
    My girlfriends agree as their fibro is still with them.

Also Ria many of our bodies have upregulated 2-5-a synthestase and RNASE-L...this is due to virus, bacteria, agent X or discord in the human body due to something "foreign" (really? what the heck is it!!!!!) in the system the body DESPERATELY wants to eliminate! IF... it is sky high and you cannot get into a study soon enough....probably the window of opportunity is gone ;( I would try the Kutapressin.
    If you have insurance it is 10$- 20$ a vial and VERY safe.
    It is considered an immunomodulator like ampligen but much safer with hardly any side effects! (small rash where you inject and maybe none at all for you?!) You could try this now, pray for the ampligen to be accepted, and if it somehow didnt work be ready for the 2004 trials! (sounds like the olympics...huh?)

Kutapressin was approved in the 1930s or 40s and seem to rid the body of shingles and most herpes viruses. Most older Docs will know it and its safety record but if your doc is 50 or younger, take some literature along.
    The main way Kutapressin works is it is a polypeptide from......ta da....pigs liver.....yummy LOL it works.
    This polypeptide adheres in the body and helps to keep the viral count low (not replicating so fast) and then hopefully through diet and your body wanting to help you (which it DOES!)....your immune system will regulate better because there is not so much gunk...viruses in the body to upregulate it.

Planegirl you must give up the goods on the procrit study????? How was it what happened? Blood volume and more red blood cells isn't the answer is it?
    Please respond? :)

To all, I come from Doctors all in my family so sorry if I am too technical. It comes from my life and surroundings.
    Have gathered alot and can share if you would like to pick my brain! (wish it was picked OUT! somedays!)

All the Best to Everyone!
    Ladybug

2. lilladybug

lilladybug New Member

I heard this through the grapevine........
    From my understanding this is the last "year" and Ampligen will be discontinued until the FDA makes a ruling as to their decision. They will do so in the summer of 2003.

I myself, hope for its approval.

Does it work....alot of controversy.

In the beginning there were alot of botched "infusions" and unhappy people who only received saline (doulble blind studies for the FDA). The infusions must be mixed together from a FROZEN sample, tailor made from Hemispherix 15 - 20 minutes after you arrive....hence the expense. Doctors were also said to mess with the makers and said to claim false results and ascew the test results.

There is also a huge lawsuit against HEM labs and people stand to make billions in stocks and other monies IF.....the drug is approved.

I have 2 friends who are currently taking it.....both have improved tremendously.
    Mentally the most and secondly, they have regained a slow but steady pace of returned exercise. A new look on life as they both have said to me!

Why don't I do it? I think the body has the ability to straighten itself out and am new to this DD, for 1 year. I eat healthy and do the "baby ampligen" Kutapressin ....2 mg sub q a day.
    It works very well for me and I was bedridden. Not anymore!
    I cannot run or jog LOL but suffer alot from being tired after pushing etc. Am steadily climbing upwards. I am 34 and single and only suffer from CFIDS. LOTS of viruses. No fibro but I know how those who do, you suffer ....best friend does...it makes me cry. Soft hugs to you.
    They say that ampligen is more for CFS, CFIDS, and not fibro.
    My girlfriends agree as their fibro is still with them.

Also Ria many of our bodies have upregulated 2-5-a synthestase and RNASE-L...this is due to virus, bacteria, agent X or discord in the human body due to something "foreign" (really? what the heck is it!!!!!) in the system the body DESPERATELY wants to eliminate! IF... it is sky high and you cannot get into a study soon enough....probably the window of opportunity is gone ;( I would try the Kutapressin.
    If you have insurance it is 10$- 20$ a vial and VERY safe.
    It is considered an immunomodulator like ampligen but much safer with hardly any side effects! (small rash where you inject and maybe none at all for you?!) You could try this now, pray for the ampligen to be accepted, and if it somehow didnt work be ready for the 2004 trials! (sounds like the olympics...huh?)

Kutapressin was approved in the 1930s or 40s and seem to rid the body of shingles and most herpes viruses. Most older Docs will know it and its safety record but if your doc is 50 or younger, take some literature along.
    The main way Kutapressin works is it is a polypeptide from......ta da....pigs liver.....yummy LOL it works.
    This polypeptide adheres in the body and helps to keep the viral count low (not replicating so fast) and then hopefully through diet and your body wanting to help you (which it DOES!)....your immune system will regulate better because there is not so much gunk...viruses in the body to upregulate it.

Planegirl you must give up the goods on the procrit study????? How was it what happened? Blood volume and more red blood cells isn't the answer is it?
    Please respond? :)

To all, I come from Doctors all in my family so sorry if I am too technical. It comes from my life and surroundings.
    Have gathered alot and can share if you would like to pick my brain! (wish it was picked OUT! somedays!)

All the Best to Everyone!
    Ladybug

3. lilladybug

lilladybug New Member

Ria!
    Hello and thanks...Bravo to you as well I have read your posts too! I would like to discuss your knowledge as well, re: Isoprinosine.

I think you may have misunderstood me, or my email. I do not think there will be a IV trials UNLESS it is approved. Fingers crossed for all!

The pig thing FREAKED me out for a while too and we even joked about "stop it, if I grow a tail!" But I promise my Dr. father and Dr. others in my family know how susceptible we are to other bacteria, viruses, etc. THEY would NEVER allow me to try anything that would be harmful. (they are informed by alot of FABULOUS CFS/CFIDS docs in their circles and are in a constant for a pursuit of wellness for me. :)

The solution you inject is sterile, and it must be processed in a such a way to remain clean. 9done by the labs) My doctor (and family docs!) said that it was almost too safe. Remember Ria it is just under the skin and is absorbed and carried through the body to fight off any herpes virus' and lower the virus in the body, it has been used for eons and is quite safe.
    Many studies have been done and not any bad reactions. Unless you are allergic to pork!

The downside is it takes 50-120 shots to see some results.
    But before I put the Ampligen iv in my arm I figured I would at least give it a whirl? What else am I doing? My family and docs are pretty encouraged by what they see!!!! I am too! If you wish to possibly revisit this as an option I can talk you through it.
    I use small tiny 27 1/2 gauge needles and its over in a second....you get better as time goes on!
    Doesn't hurt if you do sub q. ...I do not like the IM (intra muscular)

Please let me know if I can help you any further?
    and let me pick your brain for the Isoprinosine?

PS.
    Also a quick mention....did you hear they approved stem cell research in California? REALLY good news for all diseases!
    Could be a start to a miracle cure for all of us.
  4. lilladybug

lilladybug New Member

Ria,

Sorry things move so fast here I didn't see your reply!
    I do admire you and ALL others who are dealing with this DD!! Me too for being a trooper! LOL!
    I think our club is right here! What a wealth of knowledge and support! Whew!

I do not see Dr. Cheney, wish I could have.
    Have seen many though LOL!
    No difference while taking the Isoprinosine?
    Did you get your labs back? Is it down? RNASEL?
    Was wondering if they send it to you from Canada and how that works. Do you see a doc there? Do you have to go there?
    I am also sensitive to drugs...can you get a prescription in the US for it?

Many thanks...heres to our club to get well!
    Keep on it Ria you'll find it!

Lil ladybug